How Biased is Your News Source?

#RIPcharliework

Imagine putting Slate to the left of Jacobin. Lol this is garbage.

Yeah, this is old and garbage. Love CNN just slightly left leaning.

I think someone posted this before. A good start and it has potential. However, Al Jazeera is “mainstream with minimal bias.” No freakin way.

why is RT not in the middle???

We need a new scale for 4chan

I listen to Michael Savage, who is high quality and completely unbiased.

“Weaponized autism…Neckbeards”

why is qanon not on there? hes 100% factual and has a pipeline of info from news sources within the cabal about evil forces trying to out our glorious leader

Where would the publisher of this chart fall on the scale? This would be important in determining whether the center of the scale is skewed…

TIL the wsj is just slightly right of center. Presumably thats not counting the opinion page though, which went downhill a few years ago.

The opinions in WSJ tend to be very right wing. Among their contributors are the likes of Karl Rove and Donald Rumsfeld. However, most of their content just reports business news, which is factual to a large degree and difficult to skew from a political perspective.

Whether you include opinion sections or not is a huge methodological decision to any ranking

Opinion sections obviously aren’t included. Otherwise NYT’s would be right leaning with all the pro-aggression, pro-Israel garbage they spew and WSJ would be in Fox News territory.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-white-house-family-business-1519864397

However outrageous, the leak is proof that the long knives are out for Mr. Kushner, and they’ll keep slashing. Without a top-secret clearance Mr. Kushner will lack crucial information that could be helpful in his role as a mediator between Israel and the Palestinians. He also won’t be able to see the President’s daily intelligence briefing. While Mr. Kushner has other policy portfolios, such as prison reform, his value as a formal White House adviser will be diminished.

Not enough crying emojis in the world.

thats fantastic bit of an opinion piece - such circular thinking. “oh how will he be able to do his job without this info!!! give him a clearance!”

well why not hire someone for the job that meets its qualifications - can get a security clearance & has experience maybe

kushner is a deep state plant by hillary

Imagine thinking of Jared Kushner as a “mediator” in the Israel occupation of Palestine. But really, the fact that they’re worried he won’t be able to help out with PRISON “REFORM” is the one that made me spit out my coffee. WSJ editorial board is good for a laugh or two every morning.

Some dude serving a life sentence for a non-violent drug offense finds out Kushner lost his clearance. “Damn, there goes my chance!”

youd think prison reform would be his #1 priority seeing as there is a strong chance he ends up in the same cell as his daddy (who he still believes never should have went to prison)

Original posts like this show a lack of industry analysis ability/knowledge.

The traditional media industry is dominated by five corporations (an oligopoly), 1) 21st/NewsCorp, 2) CBS/Viacom, 3) TW, 4) Comcast, 5) Disney. For example Fox/WSJ/NYPost are one entity, as are MSNBC/NBC/CNBC (they are just brands, to spread the same propaganda, to different demographics). So you only have five entities, and oligopoly 101 tells you that players watch each other very closely and mimic offerings (obvious strategic and cost cutting reasons for that). And in this case these five players are also associated with the USG (because corporations are legal-entity gov creations, and because “news” corps have dotted lines connecting to gov for “national security” reasons).

Then you have a bunch of “independent” small budget names who are just corporate relays (they just parrot back the narratives the corporations originate, with slightly different spin, they don’t have the funds to originate much).

I’ve pointed this out before, it’s industry analysis 101. This is a CFA forum. Not sure why you people can’t learn.