How can I find analyst coverage of a sector?

I should probably know the answer to this question, but I don’t: what is an easy way for me to find analyst coverage of a sector? As an example, I would like to find a list of all the major analysts that cover specialty retail companies, both mid-cap and large-cap. Is there a database or a website that provides this information free of charge? I was thinking about going to Yahoo Finance and just looking up some of the major tickers in the specialty retail space, and then checking which analysts cover them. However, I’m hoping there is something more efficient than this. Please let me know…thanks guys. Numi

Don’t know off hand, but I seem to recall that there was a site that rated analysts by how accurate their forecasts are. Maybe they are organized by sector?

I think FACTSET has something that can help you out. If you have access to it take a look.

Yahoo finance is probably the easiest way.

Certain companies have the analysts’ names listed in the Investor Relations section of their website. If not, you can call their IR, and ask for a list of the analysts. You can also go to biz.yahoo.com, and enter the stock ticker. It will give you the latest quote page, but there is section called Analyst Coverage also on the left side. Click on Star Analyst to find out the names of the analyst following that stock. Click on the name of a star analyst, and it will take you to the Analyst Performance Center page, where you can find research by industry, company etc.

I/B/E/S perhaps?

If you have Bloomberg: Ticker ANR Will bring up the analyst rec screen. you can click on any of the analysts to see what other companies they cover. This isn’t perfect (not by industry), but you could grab a few tickers and see the analysts that cover them…

Yahoo Finance

starmine has it by industry rather than specific names…but it is not free

Starmine has it by specific names as well as industry… Yes it is not free

Just hit ANR or ANC go. Gotta be the quickest way I’d have thought.

http://biz.yahoo.com/a/ie/2301.html