How can i start my carrier in investment banking ?? plz guide

^failed Engg is the class you play in the game Teamfortress… you know… the guy with the wrench that builds sentry guns. CFA1 is cat financier association 1

sharmags Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hello frnds, > As i am an Engg & want to make > my carrier in investment banking. L2 candidate for > june 2010. how can i get the job in this field ??? > please name a few companies/banks ?? are they > recruit engg + CFA 1. ?? Congratulation on completing L1, that’s a great accomplishment, specially if you passed it on your first try. With you engineering background combined with L1 you can pretty much work anywhere. If I were you I would consider companies like Google, it’s not IB but you can still make good money there with your background. If you feel more like IB, then you need to apply at GS, MS, C or BAC I hear they’re having a hard time finding engineers who cleared L1. Good luck and keep us posted.

sharmags Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hello frnds, > As i am an Engg & want to make > my carrier in investment banking. L2 candidate for > june 2010. how can i get the job in this field ??? > please name a few companies/banks ?? are they > recruit engg + CFA 1. ?? Sharmags, In my opinion, the best way for you is to enrol for a full-time MBA programme. If you work towards obtaining the CFA charter in parallel, you would also have the charter by the time you finish the MBA (2 year) course, which would undoubtedly be a good combination. Hopefully the markets would have recovered by then and you would have opportunities through campus placements. You would, of course, be treated as a fresher and your year(s) of engineering experience would be discounted. You alone are the best judge of whether this is desirable. I had done this transition (to corporate banking) some years back, but still recall my engineering days as those when you really worked and earned a honest living! Wish you good luck.

So now you want to be a baller in a BB. You don’t want to make a career in ER anymore? http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,1035038,1035678#msg-1035678 What a joker.

This is exactly what I was going to say…thanks milos… Sharmags - first you had posted for a career in ER on L3, then you came to this forum and now IBD. Next you will come up with PE, HF, AM etc… Please don’t play around.

This is exactly what I was going to say…thanks milos… Sharmags - first you had posted for a career in ER on L3, then you came to this forum and now IBD. Next you will come up with PE, HF, AM etc… Please don’t play around.

ancientmtk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > To start ur carrier, you gotta build the Stargate > first. But remember to build the Fleet Control > before u take off +2

Dermot81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ancientmtk Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > To start ur carrier, you gotta build the > Stargate > > first. But remember to build the Fleet Control > > before u take off > > +2 LOL. “carrier” - I just saw this. -1 for me, +1 for ancientmtk

after you get your foot in with your CFA lvl 1, remember to work on your interceptors. Your carrier is useless without them

Sharma ji jara sharm karo

I got some good laughs out of this thread…build the stargate…hahahaha.

Seriously though, the OP would be best served by learning to write in standard english. I cnt fckn sntd it whn ppl wrt lk ths

DirtyZ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I cnt fckn sntd it whn ppl wrt lk ths I can’t either, unless it’s akanska. She writes like crap but I’ll take her crap anyday.