How can i start my carrier in investment banking ?? plz guide

hello frnds, As i am an Engg & want to make my carrier in investment banking. L2 candidate for june 2010. how can i get the job in this field ??? please name a few companies/banks ?? are they recruit engg + CFA 1. ??

I suspect that now is not the right time to make that change (others better informed than me may disagree), but since I understand you graduated from college in 2007 I think you have plenty of time to give it a shot. I’d stick with your current job, continue with the CFA and consider doing an MBA if you don’t find a spot in IB first and can get into a good program, or alternatively consider doing another more directly finance-related graduate degree. Good luck.

Surely you can identify the names of many investment banks by yourself, however; if you can’t I don’t think it bodes well for your career in IB or any other field. Try a Google search for “investment bank”. %$&*, I’ll do it for you, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_investment_banks

I hear investment banks only recruit people who use vowels these days, looks like you’re out of luck my frnd.

You should have no problem getting hired, I hear the reason they’ve been laying off tens of thousands has been to make room for people with no relevant experience that and zero industry knowledge.

Dnt lstn to JohnThainsLimoDriver. I am a Jnr Fnd accountnt at Fidelity making more than $500000. I started my carrier at Investmnt Bnk and became Snr Carrier in less thn 3 yrs. I hear, Landsbanki is hiring. Start applying and see what you get. If nothing happens then I would suggest that you should try and leverage of your engineering experience and join a large consulting or an advisory firm. A couple of years in a role like that would greatly increase your chances.

^lol

nobody gives a shit about the cfa in IB if you were serious about this stuff you’d know you fail

I would also like to know how to land assistant to regional junior trader position

I think FedEx or UPS would be a great carrier job. You get to travel all over the city.

sharmags Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hello frnds, > As i am an Engg & want to make > my carrier in investment banking. L2 candidate for > june 2010. how can i get the job in this field ??? > please name a few companies/banks ?? are they > recruit engg + CFA 1. ?? you are an insult to everyone who passed level 1 and even more to those who failed.

sharmags, I may be wrong in assuming you to be from India. But if I am not, I think you really need to ask your ex-colleagues, batch mates and seniors from your undergraduate school, those who have successfully made the career change, to really get any useful, practical advise. Most of the people who have responded are from US and they do not understand your English or background. If you really want to use this forum for answers without ridicule, please check the spelling of your post and also make a minimal effort to find what you want to get into. I am not sure about the job situation in India. In US, without some relevant experience, you don’t have have a good chance of getting a job in Finance with equivalent engineering pay. Several AF posts have pointed out that CFA levels without experience is of almost no value in changing career. My limited experience confirms this view, but I have not really put a lot of effort given the current situation. In India, it is possible you have a better chance if companies are still outsourcing finance related work.

hey frnt: The top invstmt bnks r: Lhmn brtrs Mrrl lnch Br strns They r recruit +CFA1. Eggnr is loved. Your chncs in carrier is good.

buyicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey frnt: > > The top invstmt bnks r: > > Lhmn brtrs > Mrrl lnch > Br strns > > They r recruit +CFA1. Eggnr is loved. Your chncs > in carrier is good. U frgt Drxl Brnhm Lmbrt.

how b0ut solemn brothers?

sharmags Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hello frnds, > As i am an Engg & want to make > my carrier in investment banking. L2 candidate for > june 2010. how can i get the job in this field ??? > please name a few companies/banks ?? are they > recruit engg + CFA 1. ?? Do you come from Korea by any chance?

I think you need some uranium to start up your carrier. You can find some Australia :wink:

To start ur carrier, you gotta build the Stargate first. But remember to build the Fleet Control before u take off

^^ omg… you have gone up like 500 points. we will make an AF Clan when SC2 comes out

What’s an Engg??? What’s a CFA1. ???