How can Stalla make such a bold claim?

"No candidate scoring above 70% on the CFA exam has ever failed. Therefore, answering 168 out of 240 correctly is enough to ensure passing. Stated another way, you can afford to miss as many as 72 questions and still be well within the minimum passing score! " https://stallakb.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/179/~/hints-on-taking-the-cfa-level-i-examination The article is dated 2007. a) How can Stalla make such a bold claim and on what grounds? Have they even factored in the Ethics Adjustment? (apparently if you’re at the MPS overall, and don’t pass the Ethics section MPS, then you get docked a mark out of 240 and fail, but if you pass the Ethics section MPS then you earn a point out of 240 and pass). b) If one cannot verify that the MPS will (according to the above) be below 70%, then they are just giving us false hope and in effect the statement is a misrepresentation.

You are right. There is no hope and you should just give up now.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are right. There is no hope and you should > just give up now. The point is if Stalla is right, I am MORE hopeful about passing.

Don’t even focus on the ethics adjustment. Are you seriously shooting for the border and are that concerned over that minor adjustment? Just study.

if your gunna really worry about an ethics adjustment then you are probably gunna fail anyways

greengrape Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t even focus on the ethics adjustment. Are you > seriously shooting for the border and are that > concerned over that minor adjustment? > > Just study. I am patiently awaiting my Dec. results. I’m just trying to factor in all these variables, that’s all. I hope for the best but prepare for worse, which would be the “border” as you say. In such a case the ethics adjustment plays an immensely huge role. This is precisely why I am hoping for an MPS < 70% (not that we’ll ever know) and harping on the ethics section. I’ve scored 75%+ on all the Schweser mocks with an average of 72% on each mocks’ ethics sections. The actual exam ethics felt close to the Schweser (maybe a little harder) but the actual was not as difficult as the CFAI mocks. I don’t know if you’ve felt the same way but the post-exam waiting is more excrutiating than the exam itself. CFAcountry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if your gunna really worry about an ethics > adjustment then you are probably gunna fail > anyways This is a completely baseless claim since I’m not *worried* about the ethics adjustment. And considering my results on the Schweser mocks I’ve done, I’m more confident about passing than not.

tj2001 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is a completely baseless claim since I’m not > *worried* about the ethics adjustment. And > considering my results on the Schweser mocks I’ve > done, I’m more confident about passing than not. You have created 2 threads…this one and another asking if the ethics adjustment can hurt you. That is the base for my comment.

CFAcountry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tj2001 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is a completely baseless claim since I’m > not > > *worried* about the ethics adjustment. And > > considering my results on the Schweser mocks > I’ve > > done, I’m more confident about passing than > not. > > > You have created 2 threads…this one and another > asking if the ethics adjustment can hurt you. That > is the base for my comment. That’s true I have created another thread about the ethics adjustments but again only to account for unexpected variables. But the main reason for this thread wasn’t about ethics, but rather Stalla’s statement and how justified it is. Given that the actual exam was on par with Schweser and given that I scored fairly well on the Schweser mocks that I did take, I like to give myself a 5% buffer; which is why the 70% (given that my lowest score was 75%+ on Schweser) is so important. This 5% buffer is there to account for the difficulty gap between the Actual and the Schweser mocks as well as stupid mistakes and RTFQ scenarios.

You’ve already written the exam. It doesn’t matter if Stalla claims even a monkey can pass. You’re score will come, you’ll either pass or fail and it will have nothing to do with what Stalla says… So don’t worry about it. A wise man once told me: “Stress is just the mind’s reaction to a problem that hasn’t happened yet”. You haven’t failed yet so don’t stress over it.