How China CFA Applicants Keep Beating Finance’s Hardest Exam

^haha. i mean we arent at the bottom. the issue is just we arent at the top except in gdp. we are close to the top 10 in everything though.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-12-12/u-s-schools-do-fine-in-international-rankings-except-in-math

America FIRST! USA! USA! USA!

^ Bloomberg blatantly manipulated those stats, excluding China and other tricks, to make Amerika look not so bad. And their readers WILL be fooled, because they don’t have the reasoning ability to spot fake stats. This is the circular nature of idiocracy.

False. The Bloomberg chart is only comparing data among OECD countries. China is not a member country in the OECD. See page 5 of link for more detail of OECD comparison stats.

You are correct though that China had some seemingly stellar gains in scores. However, this appears highly suspect as usual

I mean the biggest improvement doesn’t mean you are smart. It is easy to improve if you are a dumb!

I don’t understand the point of this graph. It measures the change, not the absolute skill level of students. Basically, if you couldn’t read or write before but then learned the alphabet and to write your own name, you’d score better than someone who was excellent at reading/writing but didn’t see vast improvements during the measuring period.

Exactly, silly games with numbers. That’s Bloomberg’s whole game!

I like the part where the U.S. is at the top.

it’s an old story, but in the past, some people have broken PISA scores down by race

December 3, 2013 Overall PISA rankings, including America by race

with test scores of Asian-Americans being comparable to test scores in China, and so on,

as to the title of this thread, there was a story on Zero Hedge

Why China’s CFA Applicants Call The Test “Pleasant” As Pass Rates Rise Significantly

But can these applicants network their way to the top of a graduate program at a top tier firm, get buy in from senior management to gain promotions, develop the soft skills to ask the right questions on analyst calls, stand up in front of their whole department to present well?

I think we just need to admit that different countries favour different things. China is a test taking culture where hierarchy rules, the US is an extrovert culture where half the battle is your parents having enough wealth to get you into a good college and then having the right personality once your foot’s in the door.

i like chinas test taking culture. more efficient.

g ot to admire the asian work ethic. I did my master’s with a few asians and even though their level of english was sub-par they worked their asses off to keep up.

My old professor once told us once that if you’re managing a company and want to expand to a new country, always send an asian to run the expansion. He’ll kill himself before accepting defeat.

Except, as pointed out above, generations after leaving their “test taking culture” East Asians continue to outperform on tests.

what about west?

in the west they value creativity for example when they fire someone because you dont act white enough. they call it cultural differences.

Nice. Maybe China is on a path to carry its own weight - instead of stealing everyone else’s brainpower. Although being educated as mind controlled high performing academic drones does not necessarily prepare one for creative and resourceful progress.

Racists are all over this site, and are actually encouraged by mgmt.

Good luck with that in this new world. China will own the CFA, and financial markets, and you’ll be begging for a job. But their social credit system will have all your racist posts on file. Then you’ll cry, but it’ll be too late. You’ll end up a bum on the street ranting about China. And I’ll just walk by and shake my head sadly, no RMB for you beggar man.

Wait a second. You’re calling us the racists?

child please.

except the social credit system is why china will never be able to have any of its technology operate where the other 6 billion people live…

and pa is mistaking our valid distrust of the CPC for racism against those of chinese ethnicity. we’re very happy to welcome the brainpower and wealth of those very intelligent chinese that pa is talking about who are also skeptical of the CPC.