How did it go? Post here how you feel how u did?

I took 2 hours for the AM and a little under 2.5 for the PM, but most of the extra time was spent on a hanful of questions trying one last time to get an answer before I packed it in. I feel better knowing the majority here thus far seem to have had the same experience. IARdude, I like your answers!

Why can’t we discuss questions/answers? (I must’ve missed something in the ethics reading i guess??? )

Alexandrov Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why can’t we discuss questions/answers? (I > must’ve missed something in the ethics reading i > guess??? ) I’m pretty sure the first thing they had us do was sign an agreement, part of which said we wouldn’t discuss the test material, etc…

I agree with everyone. AM left me feeling great, but PM brought me back to earth. Ethics was unusually complicated. And many questions were really two questions in one. I often knew one part but had to guess on the second. The calculations in nearly every problem were straightforward, but the conceptual questions were a bit tricky. I will keep my fingers crossed…

FIAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Alexandrov Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Why can’t we discuss questions/answers? (I > > must’ve missed something in the ethics reading > i > > guess??? ) > > > I’m pretty sure the first thing they had us do was > sign an agreement, part of which said we wouldn’t > discuss the test material, etc… I just signed it to get my paper marked :slight_smile: Honestly, the guy kept going on and on and on where i stopped listening.

The results are supposed to come out late July sometime. When do they announce a more specific date, or is it just wake up one day and be surprised?

I was actually supprised how easy the AM was. I thought the PM was a lot more confusing with the wording of many questions, I had a ton that I could get down to 2 answer choices and just had to guess in the end. I feel I did well enough on the AM to get me past what ever I missed in the PM. We’ll see in July…

I wish I felt as confident in the AM session as everyone else does. On the CFAI mocks I scored a 74 and 75 (I and II, respectively), but I felt much more confident on those. I knew it could go either way if they hit on material I didn’t know well. Still unsure if I passed or not.

wat is the gradin creterion in cfa? i think passing marks will be high… ny thoughts? cheers abhi

Agree with the rest of you. Afternoon session was tougher than the morning session. There was one question that kept on bother me the whole day though. Can’t discuss it here, but it has to do with the wording of the question. It was very ambiguous and I couldn’t decide between two answers (ie. blank uses lower or blank uses higher). The reason for the ambiguity was because they used long phrases and it was a sentence completion question rather than a direct question. Anybody else know what I’m taking about? Anyway, more about the afternoon session, I definitely struggled a lot more. Some questions were more specific, less conceptual or quantitative. On top of exam pressure, I had a someone seated to my left who completed both sessions early and left early, so I had to keep my hopes up that maybe the other guy had to do a lot of guessing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I agree with everyone else. AM was a breeze. I finished in 2 hours and felt it was just too easy. PM was a disaster. I felt that Ethics was too complicated and I needed to guess too many times to stay within the 1.5min a question pace. Econ was also tough. I think I may be rewriting in December.

I finished the morning exam in 1.5 hours, I thought it was the easiest test I’ve taken. The afternoon I probably guessed on 105 out of 120 questions. They hit every weak point I had and it was horrible. It would be a miracle if i passed

i felt good about the am. afternoon was brutal.

LIIer here… 1) Expect the results around mid to late July (based on last year…it will be around July 20) 2) They will send an email to you telling you the results are up. 3) Check AF everyday…I found out there that the results were up a couple of hours before the email came. 4) you will then log in to the CFAI website like you did for the mock and then click on see your results…they pop on the screen.

mm for the december exam they let us know about a week in advance when the scores would be up. so one day like january 15th i received an email saying hey, check out your score on jan 23rd 9am est. i’m guessing they’ll let us know early.

2xpwr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There was one question that kept on bother me the > whole day though. Can’t discuss it here, but it > has to do with the wording of the question. It > was very ambiguous and I couldn’t decide between > two answers (ie. blank uses lower or blank uses > higher). The reason for the ambiguity was because > they used long phrases and it was a sentence > completion question rather than a direct question. > Anybody else know what I’m taking about? There were many questions where, regarding the specific area of a topic being tested, I was 100% sure I knew what the answer should be. In one area, I even practiced making a grid the week before the test so I would have the different outcomes burned into my brain. Then, after reading the question and being confident, I look at the answer choices and none of them match. So knowing what the answer should be, but not seeing it as a choice, I had to rule some out and then try to reason with the vague language used to guess the answer. VERY FRUSTRATING to know how to answer a question, but risk getting it wrong due to ambiguous answer choices! Like one of the articles on this website says, the CFAI has a habit of wording straightforward questions in bizarre ways.

I felt okay after the morning, like ya, I think I might have passed that. Afternoon was evil. If I passed the morning, the afternoon doomed me.

I didn’t think that the concepts on the exam were that difficult, but the wording wasn’t very clear on many of the questions. They could have used better vocabulary to make sure that they were testing on us more clearly on what we needed to know. The good thing is that with the large number of questions, there is a high margin of error on the poor questions. Now we just wait to see…

Finished up morning session in 1.5 hours, ran to the bathroom (but not too fast since I didn’t want the other 2,700 people in the Boston center think it was a #2 emergency), and spent the rest of the time check/re-checking and feeling pretty good. Finished up afternoon session in 1.75 hours and felt upset that I was going to fail and look really stupid after spending so much time studying. After rechecking, was able to correct a few stupid mistakes and had a dramatic reversal in confidence (never felt so bad…then so good on an exam before, strange). Ethics was definitely harder for sure, though I felt quant, derivatives, and portfolio management were more bearable. No bathroom sprints in the afternoon session until the end since I ate lunch with as little liquid as possible (2 hotdogs + chocolate/peanut Clif Bar + 5-hour energy + one mouthful of water). I think I did OK overall…and looking forward to Level 2!!!