How did it go? Post here how you feel how u did?

I was flipping through secret sauce at lunch and specifically skipped reviewing some arcane distribution stuff because I had not seen a single question on it anywhere in practice, doh! I circled about 30 to review on the first one and spent 45 minutes reviewing them. In the PM, I was ready to get the hell out of there and don’t think I marked any after the 60th question. But no traffic on the way out, so I had that going for me! Those damn two column ethics questions…

i laughed to myself when i saw the almost/exactly identical ethics question that was a huuuuuge issue in this forum to whoever took the exam in december. i’m really glad i followed that thread.

da0618 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I doubt you failed joevc don’t be too hard on > yourself… > > One ethics question that got me…if an analyst > visits a company and the company says we cant tell > you anything wait for our press release…well, I > think that’s non-material, and since he told his > company first and then traded I don’t think he > would violate any priority of transactions… Yes, mosaic theory 100%

meazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > da0618 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I doubt you failed joevc don’t be too hard on > > yourself… > > > > One ethics question that got me…if an analyst > > visits a company and the company says we cant > tell > > you anything wait for our press release…well, > I > > think that’s non-material, and since he told > his > > company first and then traded I don’t think he > > would violate any priority of transactions… > > > Yes, mosaic theory 100% i agree.

Me too

I feel pretty confidet about the exam. I felt the AM was pretty easy but about 30 questions through the PM session, I was hating life. After that, however, things went much smoother and felt a lot better about my overall performace. I don’t want to be overconfident though, there is always the possibility that I made lots of stupid mistakes. I will have my fingers crossed until we get the results back. Thanks to everyone on these boards for their help as well…the information found on here has been priceless.

I think everyone had a hard time in the afternoon compared to the morning. I remember what I found funny was some of the people I spoke to in December were sitting next to me again. After the morning session, one of the guys goes, Id be very surprised if I didnt pass. In the afternoon, I saw him abit more stressed at the water cooler. Guess many people came crashing back down in the afternoon lol Me personally, I felt I was about to answer about 80% of the morning questions with 90% certainty. The other 20%, I was able to answer through the process of elimination. In the second exam, I had a harder time, feel confident about 60% of the questions. Oh well, I really don`t want to be writing this a 3rd time.

The test was easier than I thought it would be. I am the least confident on the ethics section. Overall I feel like I got high 80s on AM and high 70s on PM.

AM was a cake walk as everyone else has already agreed. I feel I could have scored better than 85%. Afternoon, not so much. I’m hoping I did 65% and it will average out with the morning to a pass. I was averaging upper 80s on last December’s Schweser exams and this years Stalla exams, so I went in pretty confident, but the afternoon definitely brought me back down to Earth a little. I took the test in Hartford and there were two extremely distracting incidents with the proctors/security guards/convention center employees that were working the venue. Microphone feedback went off about 45 minutes in and again around 1.75 hours in to the point where if literally hurt my ears. I’m talking LOUD, and for upwards of 10 consecutive seconds. I was very upset that it happened once, nevermind twice during an exam of this caliber. I wish I knew how and who to report this to at CFAI because I feel it put all of the 500 or so test takers in the rom at an unfair disadvantage. Was anyone else at Hartford for the test that has any thoughts on the incident?

meazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > da0618 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I doubt you failed joevc don’t be too hard on > > yourself… > > > > One ethics question that got me…if an analyst > > visits a company and the company says we cant > tell > > you anything wait for our press release…well, > I > > think that’s non-material, and since he told > his > > company first and then traded I don’t think he > > would violate any priority of transactions… > > > Yes, mosaic theory 100% hold on…this time weren’t there two choices, priority and MNPI. So you are saying he didn’t violate MNPI either.

You’re thinking of a different question

jk86 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You’re thinking of a different question phew relief…the funny thing is that contrary to what everyone else is saying, I felt that the PM session was a bit easier. It seemed a bit more straightforward to me. I just hope that I knew what i was doing. I have a pretty good feeling about the whole thing but its just one of those things where god knows what i did…i could have gotten all of them wrong and still feel i cracked it. Econ was tough for me in the AM session and that kinda dampened the whole morning session for me. I ain’t passin Econ for sure…

I thought ethics was hard because of too many of those 2 column questions, which I hate answering, because I usually know one but not the other one, so I’m not sure how I did on the ethics part, but it would be a damn disappointing to fail just because of ethics… this is my 2nd time writing it, and on the december 07 exam I thought ethics was a joke and i got 70+ on it, but this one I felt like I had to guess way too many times…

I thought it went ok… I definitely felt better after the morning session than the afternoon. I thought ethics, econ (for me atleast) and equities were definitely trickier in the afternoon… overall I thought the real one was easier than Mock 1 and 2 more so on FSA… I have a feeling the cutoffs will be higher than 70%… I am feeling little more than 50-50… I am going to take it easy for a while, hopefully for 5 months before I sink my teeth into L2…

I sure hope the passing grade is not above 70%!

I am sorta on the right side of 50-50 too. I got late 60s to mid 70s on the schweser sample exams and the CFAI sample exams. And i think that real exam was a bit easier than that. But I used up my whole time. Got to the last question right about with 5 mins left. I was second guessing myself a lot. I really hope that the cut off isn’t more than 70…i feel like throwin up just with the thought of that…

I heard that they are taking the average of top 1% and time that number by 70% cfa pass score algorithm 1) find the scores of top 1% exam takers. 2) take the average 3) multiply this average by 70% 4) obtain cfa pass score

I think both the levels were tooooooooo subjective…I did OK in the AM session…& PM session…I was playing a GUESS game for every other game… Everyone of us have worked hard for exam…and in the end it comes to Guessing/Luck ! Also, EVERYONE must read CFAI text boooooooks word to word for gurantee pass !

They do not have a criteria… But, the word on the street is 70% Avg…gurantees you… 65-69% - You are on borderline…depends on how others did…

That was the old method…there was a post by JD explaining the new process (too lazy to use the search funtion). The new process is a lot more subjective…but any cut off more than 70 would be carnage i think…