How did you prepare for economics?

People, I need your help! My background in economics is good (I took micro, maco, and economics of international finance). However, for CFA I studied/reviewed economics from Schwesers study notes only. The Qbank questions seem to be basic and are also few compared to other topics (please correct me if I’m wrong here). The problem is, when I come across different questions, I realize that my preparation is very poor in this topic. Is it Schweser or is it me? What would you recommend other than a second review?

zenji Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > People, I need your help! > > My background in economics is good (I took micro, > maco, and economics of international finance). > > However, for CFA I studied/reviewed economics from > Schwesers study notes only. The Qbank questions > seem to be basic and are also few compared to > other topics (please correct me if I’m wrong > here). The problem is, when I come across > different questions, I realize that my preparation > is very poor in this topic. Is it Schweser or is > it me? > > What would you recommend other than a second > review? What a minute…first you say that your background in economic is good and after you say that your preparation is poor… Guys…is this one “mosaic theory”???

when all else fails, go to the CFAI books

I was referring to courses I took in college. This serves as an indicator that I’m not new to economics, yet, I am having issues answering CFAI questions correctly. Basically, I want to know the best way to prepare for this topic since it’s very conceptual. Thank you dspapo.

Didn’t prepare at all… Since this is basic stuff… :wink:

at least for economics I don’t prepare :wink:

cfaisok Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > at least for economics I don’t prepare :wink: I learn about price elasticity, substitute and complement goods when I go shopping :slight_smile:

That’s what i do. How did you know?

cfaisok Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s what i do. How did you know? Because I do the same. If I have got 2 bucks, i will buy 2/3 of coffee and 1/3 of sugar :slight_smile:

im still trying to prepare for econ :frowning:

You should go shopping instead… Helps for elasticity questions. See the other econ thread :wink: