How difficult is L2 compared to L1

programmer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > riyaz Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > “Because actual CFAs have told me” > > You would get at least one Ethics problem wrong > here… LOL best post.

riyaz from you posts i can tell that you are a very bright young man/girl. again from your posts i can only assume that you will not have any trouble with these exams. if you can get done with L 2 ethics on a mock in 8 minutes then you are set. good luck to you. let me know how it goes!

Level 1 = Michael Jackson circa 1987 Level 2 = Michael Jackson in Bahrain

Level I = College frat party with hot chicks everywhere Level II = Aunt’s 65th birthday party

Level 2 is difficult, but only marginally more so that Level 1. Don’t let the hyperbole scare you off. If you passed Level 1, I think you must already have the smarts needed to pass Level 2. My advice: make sure you know ethics in and out (along with the other stuff of course). I think the mistake people make, and I know I made it, is to overestimate my ethics knowledge because I aced a couple of practice exams…the problem is, those exams are repetitive and the questions all follow the same basic format. The CFA institute will find new and creative was to stump you in ethics on exam day. So, know ethics…read that sh*t like it’s a 3rd grade book report, know it backwards and forwards.

L1: Crushin’ 1 Natty L2: Killing a case of Natties

Level I = A Kamakazi shot Level II = A handle of Beam

What is the mean reversion level of passing rate? The trend is down. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/pdf/candidate_results.pdf

Physics my friend, physics

Level I = TI BA II Plus Level II = Forced to use the HP 12C with RPN (sorry to the old folks out there)

Level 1: the main guy in “The Girl Next Door” Level 2: The main guy in “Audition”

Level I = The hottest chick in your high school Level II = Your HR Department head if you work in Financial Services

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Level I = TI BA II Plus > Level II = Forced to use the HP 12C with RPN > (sorry to the old folks out there) Don’t you dare hate on the HP 12C! There is a learning curve, but its power is amazing.

The way I found Level 2 being different from level 1 is that, not all the information are spoon fed to you like in level. At least during my preparation w/ Schweser, I don’t find too many plug and chug problems, but rather skimming through all the ''footnotes" and reading everything to try to construct simple numbers so that you can you use it in a more complex application. It’s where you REALLY start to feel like an analyst, b/c it is where you have to to carefully read and dig through all the info to come up with the basic numbers to apply to your bigger problem.

Level I = Korean Massage (if you know what I mean) Level II = Annual Dental Cleaning

as long as you put in the time, L2 is not THAT bad. i only put in 3 weeks of studying for L1 and barely passed, so L1 seemed more difficult to me. everyone is right though, L2 does require you to know a lot about a lot, so as long as you give yourself time to digest it all you should be ok.

Level I is a tiny, gentle hiccup at a swanky cocktail party followed by a smile and a polite “excuse me”. Level II is kneeling on all fours in front of a dirty toilet in a highway truck stop voilently throwing up blood and bile while you scream for God to simply take your life and end the suffering. Meanwhile there is a fat trucker standing behing you with an evil grin as he begins to unbuckle his belt with one hand while he locks the door with the other.

Hahahaha! This is my favorite one.

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Level I is a tiny, gentle hiccup at a swanky > cocktail party followed by a smile and a polite > “excuse me”. > > Level II is kneeling on all fours in front of a > dirty toilet in a highway truck stop voilently > throwing up blood and bile while you scream for > God to simply take your life and end the > suffering. Meanwhile there is a fat trucker > standing behing you with an evil grin as he begins > to unbuckle his belt with one hand while he locks > the door with the other. That’s hilarious.

tops123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Level I = Jenna Jameson > Level II = Ron Jeremey I meant to say this is my favorite one. Hahahahaha! Brilliant my friend.