How do I get NASD series 7 and 63

Hey Gang, I wanted to find out if I can take these exams on my own or need sponsorship. Can somebody guide or point to a link for more info?

you cant take them on your own. i think you need to be working with a registered broker / investment adviser to take the exam.

I think you need 7 before registering for 63

the real question is why you want your 7 & 63? Those two licenses stink of financial advisorness.

tvPM - I came across some positions working with Asset Mgmt firm that require these two licenses. These should not be as hard as CFA-II -right?

you need to be sponsored for series 7. Series 63 (and 65) can be done on your own.

these licenses are walks in the park. There is no comparison to either of the first 2 CFA Exams (cant speak for the third yet). I took them a long time ago, you will have no problem with them.

chowder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Gang, > I wanted to find out if I can take these exams on > my own or need sponsorship. > Can somebody guide or point to a link for more > info? You should be able to find out on the FINRA web-site.

You registered B/D has to sponsor you. You cannot take them on your own. Series 7 is basic, you need it to talk to clients. Series 63 is Blus Sky laws to solicit sales in different states.

Thanks fellas for all the feedback.

they are a joke–i took them this april while i was studying for level 2. Read the books, do some practice questions, and go take the exams. If you can pass any of the levels of the CFA, it would be embarrassing if you failed these.

its easy to get sponsored. just go to axa or ed jones and act like you are all motivated to build a book. tell them you have a niche in mind and connections. they hire you, train you, most likely pay for your licensing…then you peace out!!

I have a series 7,24 and 66 and in my opinion those exam are ridiculously easy compared to the CFA exams. People who claim that these FINRA exams are hard are not the smartest people in the world.