How do you explain this gap in your resume?

https://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/missing-woman-internet-cafes-china_us_5652febce4b0d4093a583dc9

“Woman Missing For 10 Years Found Living In Internet Cafe”

“Her loved ones believed she had died because she had remained under the radar for a decade”

But this is basically STL or whatsyourgov’s lives already, amiright??

lol, and then the Police fined her $156 I have only had to deal with the Chinese Police once, and it was when a guy hit me on his bicycle, fell down, and scraped his knee. I had to pay him $50 USD for him hitting me. What a joke. He scraped his knee. I normally just would have ridden off as he looked fine and fell like an idiot, but he was wailing so loud, I thought I would stay by him. Of course I realized I stuck out like a sore thumb, especially with my red Trek mountain bike that I flew over from the US. Then, about 30 Chinese people gathered around (almost instantly - no idea where this many people came from). Someone called the cops.

There were 4 Chinese Cops debating with this guy and the people around about a scraped knee. He stood up and started pleading his case with them (I’m thinking, hmm ok this guy can stand?). Also, I just moved to Beijing, so my Chinese was crap. I had no idea what was going on and couldn’t take off at that point. I had to call a translator on the phone and the translator was talking to the cops and said I had to pay money or go to the hospital and court proceedings against this guy. I asked ‘why would I have to go to the hospital - why does this guy have to go to the hospital?’ It was all so confusing. The guy scraped his knee, lolol. He was like a soccer player faking it on the field. Anyway, I was supposed to go to the hospital to wait for the bill/exam or pay the guy. So I gave the dude $50.

this is a funny ass story!!

#RideOn

You cucked!!! Dude…

lol its not that bad. in the philippines, its part of the culture, you have to bribe for everything.