How do you find time to study while working full-time?

You should be able to fit in 5 to 10 hours during the week based on your schedule. It just takes some getting used to and discipline. Some people do this with 60 hour work weeks and kids. It sounds like you have the time to really knock this out.

I havent gotten up as late as 8am on a consistent basis since, well, ever.

what job is this that lets you roll in at 9am?

normal human. haha.

5 hours during the week, 10-15 hours or something on the weekends. Not hard.

8 hours sleep, 10 hours work, 2 hours working out, 2 hours eating, 1 hour for study, and I even left an hour free for you, so you have some time to fap

^ What will he do with the 59 extra minutes?

NO FAP!

Most people sacrifice some sleep to get the studying done. If you’re young still, you should be able to do it.

It sounds like you have motivation trouble more than time trouble. A live course provider can help, because you have a committment to be somewhere at a certain time regularly, and they present material to you. I found that helped a lot. I suspect I would have fallen behind if I had to do it all on my own. I personally like having that external structure.

a review course definitely helps, I would have been lost without one. it keeps you on track and focused.

Don’t be sleep deprived though, you can’t retain information if you are not well-rested and your productivity goes waaaay down.

I think we all make sacrifices, but rest is probably the one thing i wouldn’t give up on. Especailly approaching the exam, you need rest to stay healthy (it’s NOT fun to get sick on exam day!).

But studying (total focus) an hour to an hour and a half everyday is doable and very effective!

I wasn’t advocating being sleep deprived. But a day or two of getting 6 hours per night instead of the usual 8 can open up possibilities for studying, particularly if you concentrate on making up for it on other nights.

I get up at 5:20am, and am out the door by 6am for my 1.5 hour commute. At work at 7:30ish, work till 7:30ish, then have 1.5 hour ride home. Walk in the door at 9ish, workout (home gym), eat, shower. That takes me to about 10:30pm.

When I was studing, I would aim for a minimum 1hr each night (sometimes I got caught up or didn’t want to stop mid-section and go a little longer). 11:30 I’m in bed. (replace study with reading/TV/girlfriend now that study is over) Still getting just shy of 6 hours of sleep a night.

Weekends my goal was 10 hours each day, Sat and Sun. Even “sleeping in” I natually get up at 7am ish, so after a nice breakfast I would bulldog through material till about 6-7pm. That still let me enjoy the nights with girlfriend/friends without feeling guilty.

25 hours of study per week (minimum). I started 16 weeks out. 25x16=400 hours. Sure there were days where I would be exhausted and only do 30 mins, or felt ill and went to bed. But I figure those were made up with a random day-off here and there (ex. memorial day) where I would leasurely do ~10 hours throughout the day.

The work-week was pretty rough, stress wise. But the weekend nightlife made it tolerable.

If you are not a troll and are serious, then my suggestion is tell your significant other/friends that for the next ##weeks you are non-existant, set (and more importantly FOLLOW) a schedule, and stop playing the victim that you can’t find time. You work till 6PM and say you are a night owl? Assuming a 2 hour commute and an hour at the gym, you have 3 hours a night to study during the week and STILL get 8-8.5 hours of sleep if you go to bed at midnight. You have no excuse but yourself to not pass like a champion.

• wake up at 6 instead of 8, and study for 1.5 - 2 hours per day (working day)

• During the weekend, study 3 hours in the morning, and 3 hours afternoon.

• Total hours per week = 20

Good Luck

see this video and have determination like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtCFRYS-ZA

if u want u will

After you get home, brief 20 min nap + coffee then 2 hrs of study. Doing that will let you get in 10 hrs of study on weekdays, and then you can add 5 hrs each day on weekends. During lunchtime…study. Whenever you have downtime at work…study.

The other issue is it’s hard to just flip a switch and study 20+ hrs a week, start by doing 10 hrs in september and keep ramping up.

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-IAerNSs40]

you leave early for work like this guy here.

This thread has to be a joke

Haha, while I do enjoy a good troll, I can promise you I wasn’t trolling here. I’ve a pretty good studying routine now.

I bought the Schweser flash cards and brought them to work everyday. Everytime I had to use the restroom I brought my flashcards with me. I spent more time in a bathroom stall than I have in my life, but it helped me get in a consistent 30 minutes of studying everyday during the work hour.

lol thread

whether obtaining designation is worth it or not is another discussion, but it definitely sounds like you don’t want to pursue it…