How do you find time to study while working full-time?

you work 9-6 and are too tired to study??? you wake up at 8-830…

M-F 6-8:30AM-wake up, get ready for work, drive to work

8:30-7/8PM work, lunch and drive home

8-9 eat/tv

9-11 study

Sat/Sun 10am-8pm study with many breaks in between because i have attention\focus problems

repeat for about 5 months

Focusing on ‘time spent studying’ is dangerous. One hour of productive study is worth more than a whole day of f###ing around at the library.

I tried to focus on number of pages rather than number of hours. I made a print out that had reading numbers down the rows and check boxes (each representing 5 pages) across the columns. This really helped me power through the material.

just remember you’ll have to put in 2x the amount of studying for level 2 buddy (that’s assuming you pass level 1).

I don’t know which post is better, this post, or the one where someone says they started studying a week before the exam and passed, the proceed to lay out their study plan.

Everyone that has gone through this program has had to make sacrifices. Having a 9-6 job tells me you have more than enough time to get through this program if you really want to get it done.

Having a 9-6 job tells me you don’t work in finance.

There are plenty of back office finance jobs that are 9-6

The first post in this thread made me see red. It’s taking everything in my power not to spew what I’m really thinking.

I work full time 7-7:30a.m. til 5:30-6p.m., commute 35-45 minutes, hit the gym every day for no less than an hour, and still managed to put around 2 hours per weekday in at the beginning and upwards of 4-5 in May for L2. It’s likely that many of the members of this forum have far more rigorous schedules. Someone may have mentioned it earlier, but you’ll need to “squeeze” more time out of your day for L2 than you’ll need to pass L1.

No excuses - just do it. And drink more coffee.

*Having a 9-6 job tells me you don’t work in a cool finance job.

I hate to admit this made me chuckle.

If you get up at 8, you need to be studying at least till 1:30 or 2 in the night. I failed level 1 Jun '13 exam band 5. Since the past few weeks, I’ve made a habit to getup at 6 for gym in the morning so that I get around 2-2.5 hours in evening from 9 to 11:30. I’ve downloaded the Schweser pdfs on my smartphone so that I usually revise the concepts I studied the earlier when I’m commuting or eating. I’m determined to beat the exam this December come what may.

Just remember that when you are working full time, you will never ‘get’ time to study. You will have to ‘make’ time.

All the very best,

Whilst i appreciate why some people have posted irrate response to this I actually kind of get the sentiment to it.

When i started out I was working 8-6 and wondering how the hell i could find time to study during the week. its not that i was doing a great deal from 6pm to 11pm but i always found that i wasn’t in the best mindset to study after 9-10 hours of work in a day.

I’m not a morning person at all but i started getting up at 6 and cramming in a few hours before work and i found this to be the best strategy. i managed to get more done in the morning and i certainly retained more. I now actually feel that i function better on 6-7 hours a night than I ever did pre-CFA when I was getting 7.5-8 hours a night.

make some flash cards and review them on the bus/train to work. flick through them when you’re eating your lunch or just any spare 10 minutes you get. making yourself do 30 mins a night is also a good shout, more often than not you’ll get over the hump and end up doing more than 30 mins.

Wait until you crack a mock exam in the build up to the level 2 exam, you will certainly be able to find the hours in the build up to that exam! my rountine for most of april and may was: in the office for 6. 2 hours of study. work until 6 or 7. eat dinner. study for 3 hours. gym. sleep. repeat. it sounds hellish but trust me, its worth overdoing it the 1st time round and passing compared to having to do it all over again

commit to the cause…and do not touch urself inappropriately too much…and u should be able to find the time