How do you keep yourself motivated to study for Level 2?

How do you keep yourself motivated to study for Level 2? Syllabus looks very large. People say Level 2 is much tougher than Level 1. etc.

Was exactly where you are about a month ago. Keep plooughing through and take a break when you cant study it (Few days etc…). When you redo the material, it is much easier and more interesting. No longer focused on “reading” but learning and applying.

“My car looks boring, if I pass level 2, I will mod it and it will look awsome”

Self-flagellation, mostly.

I think about the 7 billion other people on planet Earth who would like my job, salary and are trying to compete with me. If I don’t get CFA Level 2, I will lose and one of them will win.

Music =)

I just keep thinking that surely I will not be able to keep my job if I don’t get my “union card” as they call it around here. If I get laid off because I don’t have it then it will be extremely difficult to find another job. I do equity research, so I was fortunate to get to where I am without the CFA, but I feel like I’m a sitting duck without it. I have no doubt I could get another job, but I would like to continue to cover equities.

After work, im tired, and or wanting to go to gym, and or missing my husband and daughter. But i stay put for 3 hrs studying b/c i hate the thought of having to do level 2 again next spring.

I used adderrall.

I also can’t imagine doing this over next year. I haven’t tried any supplements tho. If u have adderrall, send me some! Never tried it but if it will help me pass, hook me up!

cant think of going thru this prep once again…

My husband said he will impregnate me if I pass!

Flux Capacitor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My husband said he will impregnate me if I pass! thats pretty funny

Flux Capacitor Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My husband said he will impregnate me if I pass! LOL

prophets Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Flux Capacitor Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My husband said he will impregnate me if I > pass! > > > thats pretty funny doing level 2 while pregnant is very hard. I can imagine writing level 3 with big belly and al the hormones is even harder.

Puca Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > After work, im tired, and or wanting to go to gym, > and or missing my husband and daughter. But i stay > put for 3 hrs studying b/c i hate the thought of > having to do level 2 again next spring. I see there are more mama’s on level2.

I try to get motivation from different things everyday. Our lives are so smooth. We shouldn’t be concerned about small ups and downs that are common. Think about people in Japan. You’ll see that you’re very lucky. So take this as an opportunity. My prayers to those in Japan.

I want to take my revenge from L2!! It gave me a first fat fail in my life! Never did I flunk any school exam, O’level or A’level exams, college exam or even an interview. Passed L1 on my first attempt. Everything was going smooth but then there was L2!

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I want to take my revenge from L2!! It gave me a > first fat fail in my life! Never did I flunk any > school exam, O’level or A’level exams, college > exam or even an interview. Passed L1 on my first > attempt. Everything was going smooth but then > there was L2! I hope this will not be my situation - never failed before so hope this won’t be the first fail lol

If i pass, I’m buying myself a new pair of louboutins + many other things :slight_smile: