How do you plan to tackle the L2 curriculum?

I see that some people go through the curriculum in their own order, starting off with e.g. Derivatives or Alternative Investments before moving on to another subject.

When I did L1 I simply started with Ethics and moved down the curriculum in the ‘normal’ order - but would love to hear different opinions if one structure works better than another.

Thanks and best of luck.

Simple matter of preference I believe. For me I like to get the subjects I am supposedly an expert in out of the way since they require the least amount of work and also don’t need to be as fresh in my mind when final revision comes along as compared to the subjects that are completely foreign to me (FRA comes to mind).

I agree. I left ethics to the end so as to have it fresh in my head for the exam; and because it was the least interesting/most easily forgotten if I read the rest of the curriculum after. I will repeat same strategy for Level II.

50thPercentile makes a good point though.

Call me strange but I thought ethics was the easiest part of L1…

I’m going in order of the books, but saving ethics for last only because I’m in a class and that’s the way the schedule worked out (didn’t have ethics read in time for that seminar, don’t want to fall behind at this point)

Call me strange but I thought ethics was the easiest part of L1…

I’m going in order of the books, but saving ethics for last only because I’m in a class and that’s the way the schedule worked out (didn’t have ethics read in time for that seminar, don’t want to fall behind at this point)

I totally agree. Ethics was quite easy. That must have been the reason I passed since they contribute a lot to the final result.

I attack the largest % first (FRA) then move onto to the other subjects. I do this because I attempt to leave 1 month for a full review / questions and therefore by the time i get back to FRA I have plenty of time to re-address issues I have forgotten while having the other, less important topics, still fresh in my mind.

are you guys just using Schweser? whats all this buzz about Schweser not being adequate to pass?

I am going as topic wise weight n harder topics i do first.

Except ethics last

FRA first and last i believe…

i think ill use CFAI books for this part unless someone familiar w the matter strongly objects…then id prolly reconsider

Well, I definitely plan to conquer the L2 curriculum with discipline and focus long with strong time management. Since it takes a lot, and I mean a lot, of hours and time to study for the Exam, time management turned out crutial for me in the last study session. That’s why I have turned to TimePrep that let’s me organize my time perfectly - I know if I have enough time, if I’ll make it or not on time, it tracks my progress. I always know “where I am” in terms of progress. If you also have iPad, it syncs with your local calendar and your study plans are always available and known to you. Maybe, you should also check it out - www.timeprep.me … On the side note, it also has some great advice and tips for studying on their blog posts … obviously, they are written by the CFA Chartholders giving back to the Community.