how does this make any sense...

Unbelievable. I was CERTAIN that I screwed up. People are going to hate me. Level 2: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 * - - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 * - - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

Zombie!!! Pass is pass. Way to fail ethics (glad to have company).

wow…you passed with those rankings!!! I am amazed your table looks like mine except I got above 50 in ethics and above 70 in fixed income investments and I failed. It sounds like a prank but if you really go this and passed the gods are smiling down on you with holy light!

Passing Equity and FSA goes a long way.

Yes it’s quite a glorious day. Luck was really on my side regarding the topic weighting. I’ve been avoiding AF since the exam because I was so certain that I had failed! The questions hit my weak points and didn’t touch my strengths…I was so p*ssed. Somehow it worked out, I really don’t understand it. Congrats to all the regulars that passed. For those that didn’t (remember, it’s the majority of test takers!), I have no doubt that you will nail it next time around. You will have a HUGE advantage going into this thing.

Congrats to you!! Luck is on your way…I wish I had that element of luck with me on Tuesday…!!

Your marks are similar to mine except if you trade equity with ethics (I failed, band 8), but a pass is a pass.

you have the highest category in the two biggest weights by far. i agree, your results looks funny at first, but the categories aren’t even close to equally weighted. i would be curious as to outliers on the 40/60/80 (low score, pass… high score, fail) how they did on ethics or equities. i guess the problem is they are huge weights and tie-breakers so it’s hard to separate the two.

A pass is a pass, and it is a pretty cut and dry process. I believe that it is true that the only time that judgement is excercised is on borderline cases and that, in that situation, ethics is a big player. Considering that you were “below average” in ethics, it would suggest that your ACTUAL score (vs. 40/60/80 which is a vague indicator at best) is pretty decent. If you were truly borderline I think ethics would have killed you. Congratulation on a pass, you did deserve it.

Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Corporate Finance 36 * - - - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 * - - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 - * - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

if you get 70% plus in both equity and fsa, you will usually pass. they are the most heavily weighted topics.

yeah, there was no luck involved. you got enough questions right to pass, no matter what your chart looks like. congrats.