How hard is it for a Kuwaiti with my CV to find a job in Canada?

Fuck SRK. Whack dude. You mad?

You done? What? Your post has an underlying assumption that you are smart maybe very smart and it will be easier for you to get a job. You never mentioned about networking? Why? I have seen people getting interviews because they know how to network not what exam have they passed. If you really want to get a job here, network like a desperate person. Now I will tell you the reality. In Canada, people are very kind and they won’t tell shit on your face. So if they don’t know you then you have no chance. You can’t compete with them on the basis of language and smartness. So what do you do? Network!!! 90% of international students fail here because they fail to recognize that it’s not their homeland and people don’t hire you because of your smartness alone. Things are tough buddy, people have preconceived biases and they would reject you for your color or your place of birth. This is a shit place. People laugh when you tell them that you worked in a 3rd world country. But the thing is you should be aware of these things. And target people who aren’t like this. In my personal experience, my networking with profs and other professional have helped me a ton. Entry level jobs are not easy to get but not impossible. But without networking nahh… Good luck.

Atush speaks the truth. If I don’t know you, there is a zero percent chance you are getting an interview with me without any Canadian (or a country culturally similar to ours, U.S.A., U.K.) experience. I hire all the time. I get 50-60 applicants that are qualified with at least some Canadian experience (internship at least). Why would I pick up the phone and call some guy that has never worked a day in Canada and likely will have a steep learning curve adapting to my team’s culture? That’s not discrimination, it’s about building a team culture. It’s a huge investment in time and effort bringing someone up to speed, and there are tons of more qualified alternatives out there. That’s life. The best you can do is network and hope you make a connection with someone that can get your foot in the door. My team is nearly all visible minority and a few were not born in Canada. But all of them had Canadian experience. Also: don’t tell anyone that you want to further humanity or win a Nobel prize. I see that kind of nonsense on tons of resumes from people from a certain country. Those applications find there way to the garbage can fast. It’s seriously the dumbest thing I’ve heard. If you want to save the world, go be a doctor or an engineer or someone that adds real value. You’re in finance to scalp your margin off other people’s business dealings, that’s all finance is.

Thanks everybody, really. I was trying to stay away from this post, but I knew atush won’t shush it.

Atush, didn’t I tell you to shush it? I am just kidding man, your input actually is the most valuable up to now.

I know networking is almost all that matters. HOWEVER, networking to me equals drinking, weed, drugs, parties,…etc. I wish you can prove me wrong, but networking outside those does not make sense to me. I got very far networking during college because those things were involved. I am 100% confident they are a major factor. And I know the alternative would’ve sucked, also a 100% confident.

Now, I am trying to eliminate stimulating substances from my life; which leaves me with the hard route, the route of achievers. And that’s where I am focusing, and through that I am building my network.

Networking with 0 substance is like competing without steroids while everybody else use them legally.

geo, the benefits of finance are emmense. The science of economics is good. The science of finance is good. For finance to be good, you have to eliminate the concept of time value of money, or more precisely, interest. Interest makes the rich richer and the poor poorer. I believe in islamic finance. The time of Omar bin Abdulaziz is the only time I can recall from history when there was 0 poverty, literally. Maybe there were others, I don’t know. I wish to work Islamic Finance through the world through research.

Cheers

If this is your throught process then you are moving to a very wrong country. And whatever BS you have just said about finance won’t work in Canada. Go figure.

[/quote]
If this is your throught process then you are moving to a very wrong country. And whatever BS you have just said about finance won’t work in Canada. Go figure.
[/quote]

ok thanks

How can I delete this comment? I double posted by mistake :S

God help us.

I think your immaturity and insecuirty might cut you short in the interview process.

To see a candidate at this bottom of the barrel level makes me uneasy.

You are absolutely right, not kidding! But please don’t get uneasy! We, the candidates at the bottom, are trying hard to climb this so called barrel only so that people like you can feel easy! Please feel easy and grateful that you’re mature and secure in the end!

That’s plain disrespectful!!

Islamic finance is not a real thing in Canada. I’ll take it further: Islamic finance is a fraud. You can call interest different things but it’s still interest. Nonsense. Go ahead and preach the value of finance and how converting Canada to Islamic finance will further humanity. You’ll never get a job.

+1