How helpful is CFA for corporate finance position?

Hi, How valuable is CFA for a person who needs to work in corporate finance? If one is interested in working for the corporate finance division of a company which is into non-investment banking industry do you think that knowledge gained from CFA program will add real value? Also is there no value in the market for someone who has not cleared all the levels? I was talking to a guy from UBS and he said that CFA generally is not as valuable as MBA. He is an MBA from Booth School of Business. What are your thoughts on it? Also do you have any idea given the current scenario what are the changes that are being made into the CFA curriculum? Will the learnings from the current economic downturn be incorporated and highlighted in the curriculum? Or are the learnings already in there and all the big shots just ignored the fundamentals which would have maintained the soundness of the industry?

CFA is better then MBA!

“Or are the learnings already in there and all the big shots just ignored the fundamentals which would have maintained the soundness of the industry?” So we are assuming that all the big shots hold the CFA charter? your questions are all over the place. maybe it’s all of the big shots have MBA, that’s probably more likely, thus MBA is not as valuable anymore.

Depends waht you are doing in corporate finance. I find this a broad term, it can be capital budgeting stuff, but you could just be in corporate finance and be a regular accountant entering in journal entries. So what is it then?

Dude, as far as I have read and collected info, CFA is not for corporate fin position in non-investment bank. I’d rather recommend ACCA, CPA, MBA or MSc (Fin & A/c)

Depends if its corporate finance, doing projects, looking at acquisitions weather it be other companies or large assets, project analysis, joint ventures, financing, CFA for me would be a good option. But if its a very standard role in the corporate finance department, CPA/CA type route is probably the way to go.