HOW HOW HOW

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mo34 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I love > > > Chiken Tikka, wish they had it in the US. > > > > > > I hope you’re being sarcastic. > > > What’s wrong with Chicken Tikka? Is it a racial > thing ? I went to this restaurant in Saudi Arabia > and their chicken was fantastic. “It is traditionally baked skewers with small pieces of chicken, usually boneless, in a clay based oven called tandoor, after marinating in spices and yogurt” – wiki It’s a very good complement to alcoholic drinks while you are partying, very spicy.

Chicken Tikka, I’d like to hear your perspective on Indian women as well…that is if you are not married already :slight_smile:

^ Haha, Chicken Tikka loves spices I guess :)!

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Chicken Tikka, I’d like to hear your perspective > on Indian women as well…that is if you are not > married already :slight_smile: I had my first taste of Indian women two weeks ago… Not my favorite. Then again she was probably a caste or two below my target.

AM, gotta follow the tradition and post pics pls and guessing by what you stated, there was more than one Indian woman involved? Indian women are as difficult as figuring out CFA exams for me at least, therefore suggestions and advices are welcomed.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mo34 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I love > > > Chiken Tikka, wish they had it in the US. > > > > > > I hope you’re being sarcastic. > > > What’s wrong with Chicken Tikka? Is it a racial > thing ? I went to this restaurant in Saudi Arabia > and their chicken was fantastic. What I meant was have no never been to an Indian restaurant in US? Pretty much all of them serve chicken tikka.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > I had my first taste of Indian women two weeks > ago… Not my favorite. Then again she was > probably a caste or two below my target. whoa… this thread is going south fast.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > > I had my first taste of Indian women two weeks > > ago… Not my favorite. Then again she was > > probably a caste or two below my target. > > > whoa… this thread is going south fast. you don’t like south indian women?

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iteracom Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > > > > I had my first taste of Indian women two > weeks > > > ago… Not my favorite. Then again she was > > > probably a caste or two below my target. > > > > > > whoa… this thread is going south fast. > > you don’t like south indian women? You need to watch some south Indian movie song videos!

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AM, gotta follow the tradition and post pics pls > and guessing by what you stated, there was more > than one Indian woman involved? Indian women are > as difficult as figuring out CFA exams for me at > least, therefore suggestions and advices are > welcomed. +1 Indian women are extremely difficult to understand, if you aren’t good in poker watch your steps carefully!

ChickenTikka- From your posts, you seem to be in Indian PE/RE industry. Do you have suggestions on how to get into this space (I love PE/RE focused on India) for someone with following background. - Currently in US for last 3 yrs. - Well covered on the all the soft skills you mentioned below as I am in services Sales to Sophisticated financial institutional clients. Taking them out for lunches and drinks is something i have to do. I can relate to every single word you have written. well written. - MBA from Tier-1 B-school in India (Not IIM) - Hoping to pass Level-3 CFA next week. - Undergrad from India (B.com). College ranked 1 in country for last 15 yrs in row. ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This will be a bit of a rant on India… but 4 > years working here now - Speaking from the FDI > Perspective Here - Not speaking about Indian > Shops. For an Indian Shop my advice would be to > be the son of the owner or the son of a cabinet > minister. > > First off let’s talk CFA. I would say that I’m > just less impressed with Indian CFA Candidates > because I think the CFA is not a huge departure > from your typical schooling - lots of lots of > memorization, formulas, and passing big rediculous > tests in high percentiles. I already know you > guys can pass the CFA. Everyone in India I know > is taking the CFA, my Company Secretary just > enrolled for level 1, hoping to become an Ibanker. > So I doubt it will differentiate you much more > than the alleged, “MBA” you probably already have, > which stands for, “Means Bugger All.” > > For westerners the CFA is really difficult because > we are lazy and useless when it comes to things > like memorization. We do very little of it. Our > schools don’t expect people to retain massive > amounts of information but usually just know how > to research it, find it, and analyze it. For that > reason the demands of the CFA are actually quite > difficult for us as they are well out of our > comfort zone. We’re also not taught to be patient > about this process which makes going through 3 > levels of rigorous and dense testing a real > departure. > > I have an English buddy who is a trader that never > got passed level 1 and makes 2 crores a year. > He’s hiring Indians with CFA Charters and paying > them 4-6 lakhs a year to do bitch work. The MBA > and CFA just won’t make you stand out. > > It’s drive, initiative, creativity, loyalty, and > social graces that would make you stand out. This > is really the only gap I still see between Indians > and Westerners. It get’s smaller day by day. > I’ve seen huge progress in 4 years. > > If you can, find an expat fin manager working in > Mumbai and prove that you’re not lazy, selfish and > directionless - take any job that get’s your foot > in the door so long as you are in a position to > demonstrate a value add (don’t worry about perks > or how many lakhs, that’ll come with time if you > add value). If you don’t add value… it’s a dead > end. > > Start doing research if that’s what you want to > do. Actually write some research, don’t just copy > and paste it. Try and get it published. If > you’re an IT guy write some research on what you > learned there. > > This will help demonstrate that you are a > self-starter with the ability to think outside of > the box and get things done for the good of the > team even when it’s not directly benifitting you, > or even without being explicitly asked to do > something. I love it when someone takes > initiative to sort a problem out. Be humble. > > Other than that, social graces are usually a huge > problem and that’s what frequently separates most > hardworking middle-class Indians from their > spoiled brat rich counterparts educated in the > west. My trader buddy spends all day dealing with > clients, takes them out, wines them and dines > them. Can’t trust that to someone that isn’t cool > to hang out with. I have an Indian friend here > who runs an “ibanking school” to help you land a > job in Ibanking, and 2/3rds of his program is just > about getting people to not look like they came > into work on the the train with their tiffin. > > So what to do? Get some decent clothes (nothing > with rediculous stripes or patterns), wear > underarm deodorant, smile more, smooze, stop being > such a nerd. Get a haircut that costs more than > 20 rupees - wear socks. Become one of the boys. > But don’t overdue any of it. Learn how to act > like someone who belongs in a western company. > Don’t end sentences with “only,” or say “kindly do > the needful.” Learn to communicate well, > thoroughly, and in a western manner. You’ll fly > up the ladder if you can do that. Way the f*ck > faster than taking the CFA. > > I often hire dalits, smart ones, because they > aren’t afraid to work. I really resent most (but > not all) upperclass Indians to be honest, and > their fancy western degrees as they frequently > (but not always) feel they are above solving > routine problems or doing grunt work. We had a > rain leak the other day, not in my personal > office, but in the main area and nobody bothered > to do anything about it. Not because people were > lazy, but because they didn’t see the benefit to > themselves of making the effort and certainly > weren’t going to be bothered to make the effort if > no one else would. My best paid employee is a > dalit from Khargar because he will literally take > on any assignment I give him and sort it himself. > > Bottom line is that in the Indian version of the > Nash Equlibrium, everyone always rats out the > other guy by saying, “What’s in it for me?” From > the perspective of westerners this is just > unacceptable - learn to be a team player.