How important is location?

The warmer the climate the hotter the women. It’s science.

Or, maybe it’s because they’re half naked year round and need to keep it tight.

Another reason to live in Texas. Unfortunately a few too many women and men eat too much BBQ and mexican food and are incredibly overweight. Thankfully they aren’t common in the young professional world.

Take the offer in Camden and pass me along the job posting for Malibu,

You must not live in San Antonio.

I must admit–women in West Texas are considerably better looking than in San Antonio.

Camden is on the way up!!!

Def can’t get worse.

Camden actually has a burgeoning film industry. I heard the next Bumfights movie is going to take place there.

There could be 7 murders per month instead of 6.

+1.

And the weather sucks too.

Anyone who would even debate Laguna Beach versus Columbus has obviously either only been to one or neither of those places.

Huntington Beach

Nice, a thread about my two favorite states - Ohio and Cali! I’ve lived 4 years in rural Ohio before I moved to LA, so I feel I gotta weigh in here given some of the sweeping generalizations about each state.

Some of the nicest people I’ve ever met in all US of A are from Ohio. Everyone has different personal experiences of course, but mine is that I’ve never come across so many just genuinely good natured folks as in Ohio. Not too forward thinking in terms of hot social issues, gay rights, etc. but also not in your-face aggressively homophobic, xenophobic - just very balanced and frinedly overall with small standard deviation of temperament swings.

California is a land of contrasts and very far from being exclusively populated with ultra liberals - you might believe this if you’ve only stepped in SF or LA. Have you looked at the voting map by county - it’s predominantly republican outside of the coastal areas. I’ve met some of the most hardcore rednecks during my road trips in rural California. Laguna Beach is in OC which is traditionally a republican stronghold by the way - you’re more likely to run into super rich kids with conservative political views than ultra liberal hippies organizing a gay pride parade.

There were tons of minorities in The O.C. and Laguna Beach. Oh, never mind.

Mobius, very helpful contrast. I guess what I am getting at is, all else equal, how much would you pay to live a certain place. For example, back of the envelope:

Senario 1

Annual income: $250k

Annual after tax income: $140k

Annual expenses: $100k

Annual savings: $40k

Senario 2

Annual income: $250k

Annual after tax income: $150k

Annual expenses: $50k

Annual savings: $100k

So you are spending a lot each year to live in Laguna Beach (which I have been to and is awesome). I would probably think it is more awesome if I weren’t about to get married. Anyhow, sticking in Philly for the time being. If I didn’t hate the idea of living in NYC so much my opportunity set would be much much larger.

Do you think this is a realistic scenario though? I’m in the Midwest now and have been job hunting for a little while. I’ve noticed that the pay packages for jobs located in LA, San Fran, NYC are much higher than anything in the Midwest.

I’m not sure about the rest of the Midwest but Minneapolis is pretty gay friendly. My bus passes by a gay club that’s a couple of blocks from my office. There’s a 4-5 story poster of three shirtless young guys all over each other hanging outside the club. Very interesting.

That’s your problem, not location.

Camden has better herion if your into that type of thing.