How is everyone doing with QBank / Practice Exams?

Just finished the reading a few days ago and took my first Schweser practice exam today–– I timed myself and finished well ahead of the allotted time in almost every section… except that I got a 66% :frowning: I was hoping for around 75%, but I really got killed in ethics (I keep leaning towards the person in question violating the code when he actually didn’t :P)… Also, I’m scoring around 70% in QBank right now–– hope to bump it up to the 80s by next week! How is everyone else doing the practice exams?

i am doing about the same…as each day goes by i see incremental increases…

I took my first Schweser practice exam this weekend. I got a 77% in the morning and 78% in the afternoon.

I’ve been doing well in Qbank, high 80’s on advanced and intermediate, but i think thats just because I have been doing Qbank all along after the readings. Answered about 2200 of them so far… Took exam 1 AM last weekend (un-timed, and looked at the notes a couple of times) and got a 77%. Took the PM session yesterday after reviewing all week and got an 82.5% in 2:40 without looking at any notes.

its going well here… schweser practice exams (timed, without notes) #1 (72.50%, 80%) #2 (84.17%, 85.83%) #3 (85.83%, PM to come today) so i’m experiencing a decrease in the second derivative. think i have to slow a bit, or else i’ll run out of practice exams… cheers

^ fantastic performance chefe. any tips on how you boosted your score so much from the first to second practice exam?

in the first exam i was too sloppy and too much in a rush… e.g. when finished skimming half-way through the question description, already thinking to have the answer. only to find out that the last two words of the question clearly say i was wrong… from now on, i force myself to slowly read each question carefully, no matter how hard my feeling is that i have answered such a question 100 times… :smiley: other than that, can’t really think of a strategy that increased the score… sorry. keep up the spirit. cheers

This is an EXCELLENT lesson for all of you! "e.g. when finished skimming half-way through the question description, already thinking to have the answer. only to find out that the last two words of the question clearly say i was wrong… from now on, i force myself to slowly read each question carefully, no matter how hard my feeling is that i have answered such a question 100 times… "

Hey, can you please let know what you mean by “high 80’s on advanced and intermediate” in Qbank? is there a way to set the difficulty level?

You set the difficult when you make exams. Personally, I think the Qbank is broken because I don’t score any differently with advanced questions or all questions. Also, if I allow incorrect answers to appear, it HEAVILY weights incorrect questions, as in, if it were randomly pulling from unseen and incorrect and only 10% of the exam would be incorrect, I’m seeing around 50% previously incorrect questions instead.

i dont know with my qbank, sometimes i scores really well 90+ sometime i score really badly ~65%, overall is abot 72-75% with a large standard error.