How is everyones Studying Going?

I am a bit behind schedule I expect to complete the full curriculum by the end of October. That should leave about 5 weeks before the exam to go through exam papers and re read my notes. My original completion date was October 22. Or am I setting myself up for a hard fall?

this is a good goal. im aiming for end of october also. make sure you can do the schweser/stella and CFAi questions as you go. theres a good thread titled progress thats been going recently. check it out

This was also my plan. I aim to finish all of Schweser by end of October. In general its going ok, I am two days behind schedule with the readings but I’ve taken an extra couple of days off work to catch up so I should finish then. Some days I feel like its going well and I’m covering the stuff and generally understanding it, whereas other days I feel completely overwhelmed with the volume of work to do and feel like I’ve hardly done anything in comparison with whats left to do!! I also think its sending me a little bit crazy!!

I have been doing the CFAI questions and I will do the Stella ones after I complete the curriculum. I just hope everyone the best in their studies and exam as I know how hard going it is!

Yeah that’s my plan too. I intend to get done with Schweser by end of October and do q’s along with it. Remaining 5 weeks,only papers and revision.

Everyone is reading CFAI notes or Schweser notes? Qbank from Schweser or CFAI?

I am generally reading Schweser, ocassionally supplementing it with CFAI text. My plan is also to finish reading by the end of October and then keep reviewing and doing the tests for 5 weeks.

I have ONLY done book 3. i have a finance/accounting/math background, so do you think i can do the rest of the 4 books in like 1 month 10 days? How many hours would it take to do rest of the four books?

I would like to know if anyone else is experiancing the same as myself, I’ve just finnished FSA and have understood all the material covered up to now, no real problem…however how on earth is one meant to remmeber all of the information heading towards the exam , I mean i’ve probably forgoten half of the material that i learnt in JUNE…I’m really starting to doubt whether 6 months is really enough!!

you dudes need only 3 months of concentratedstudy for the exam, you will forget alot if you spread it out too much

That doesn’t work for me, I have to read everything at least twice to retain everything.

Reineir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would like to know if anyone else is > experiancing the same as myself, I’ve just > finnished FSA and have understood all the material > covered up to now, no real problem…however how > on earth is one meant to remmeber all of the > information heading towards the exam , I mean i’ve > probably forgoten half of the material that i > learnt in JUNE…I’m really starting to doubt > whether 6 months is really enough!! Volume like cfa can only be mastered by repition. Don’t try to learn a the content the first time - unless you have a photographic memory it just wont happen. If you know 60-70% the first time that is good. You will learn an additional 10-20% the next time round, and then a final review of your notes to top off in the week leading to the exam should be enough to get you through. in that last month its more important to focus on doing questions etc also, do a Qbank (if you have this) quiz once a week covering all of the stuff youve already done. it will keep the first topics like quant, fsa, and eco fresh in your mind.

Thanks Dijk, that’s a good idea…i’m going to purchase Q-Bank today and do they the question after each reading.