How is Vignette is divided among Different Topic

Hi All, How is Vignette divided among topics to give 120 Question per session ? There are 10 Topics and 10 Vignette, is that mean One Vignette per Topic ? Would there be a Different Section for each topic, I know there could be Mixture of Topic in a question, but would there be Marking of a topic ? Your response will be appericiated. Good Luck for the Exam! -Thanks

Was hoping it would be like the mock exams? With “Questions 7 through 12 relate to Alternative Investments.”

read the cfai thing on item set. they say that due to nature of item sets sometimes it becomes necessary for them to test different topics in the same item set as the focus for l2 is on application and analysis.

No, each vignette doesn’t need to divide into a topic. e.g. they could mix confident level in Quant with bond volatility yield in FI. They do, however, label each vignette to have a corresponding “theme”. The example above would probably be labeled under FI.

I heard the vignettes have a difficulty level indicator (1 to 5, 5 being the most difficult). Can any of you retakers confirm? Also is it advisable to start with rating 5, when your mind is fresh into the exam and tackle the easy once when the diminishing marginal knowledge curve kicks in latter on? I think I am going to start with FSA Synthesis - which is almost always rated 5 by CFAI.

Well I wrote the exam last year, and dont recall any difficulty level indicator on any of the vignettes, unless they all just at a default level of 5 which would be the reason I am still here.

There wasn’t a difficulty indicator last year as far as I can remember.

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I heard the vignettes have a difficulty level > indicator (1 to 5, 5 being the most difficult). > Can any of you retakers confirm? > > Also is it advisable to start with rating 5, when > your mind is fresh into the exam and tackle the > easy once when the diminishing marginal knowledge > curve kicks in latter on? > > I think I am going to start with FSA Synthesis - > which is almost always rated 5 by CFAI. I agree. I saw stars assigned to each vignette (from 1 -5) and thought it was misprint. But during break, people confirmed that it is for difficulty level. Had I knew, this would have helped me in time management as I spent too much time in 5 star one and missed easy 1 star one in the end. I remember Port management was 5*…

Though CFAI can theorotically test 6 different topics in any vignette, can someone please clarify that how many different topics are usually tested in a single vignette?