How long did it take to get approval for my membership application??

I have filled in my membership application form and registered my 2010 L3 exam on August 24. Buy my application status have shown “sponsor review” for both CFA Institute Membership and CFA association of Taiwan since August 24. I am wondering how long will it take to get approval?? PS: I have received 2010 CFAI L3 books already and have been working in equity research field over the past 6 years.

Sounds like you’re waiting on your sponsors.

about a month

I’m glad someone brought this up. My status also shows “Sponsor Review”. Where is the link I am supposed to email the sponsors? I haven’t completed this step yet. Months ago, I emailed NYSSA as they say they will help find sponsors for those that don’t know any CFAs, I never heard back from them…

DoubleDip Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m glad someone brought this up. My status also > shows “Sponsor Review”. Where is the link I am > supposed to email the sponsors? I haven’t > completed this step yet. Months ago, I emailed > NYSSA as they say they will help find sponsors for > those that don’t know any CFAs, I never heard back > from them… Check your inbox. There should be an email titled “CFA Institute Membership Sponsor Requirements”. You are supposed to forward that email to your sponsors.

My membership application has been accepted as a regular member and I am asked to pay subscription… Don’t know if I can defer payment until I take L3 in June-2010…

Phani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My membership application has been accepted as a > regular member and I am asked to pay > subscription… Don’t know if I can defer payment > until I take L3 in June-2010… I got the same situation as you now. So is it ok to do so?

man@hk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Phani Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > My membership application has been accepted as > a > > regular member and I am asked to pay > > subscription… Don’t know if I can defer > payment > > until I take L3 in June-2010… > > > I got the same situation as you now. So is it ok > to do so? Yeah, you can defer the payment of the membership fee. You don’t really have to pay the fees until you pass all three exams and are awarded the charter, at which point your account needs to be in good standing in order to use the letters. As a member without your charter you’ll get deals through your local society on presentations and luncheons and stuff, but if you’re not interested in that stuff, then you can hold off paying until you pass.