How long did it take u to ...

…complete the following in terms of Hrs/topic or days/topic(if days than plz mention the hrs/day dedicated):- 1.)Economics 2.)FRA 3.)Equity & Fixed income Would sincerely appreciate ur input on this Thanks

Anyone?

?

400 hours and you will be 100% prepared for this exam.

FSA - I read for almost 2 months. 1.5 - 2 hours a day, on weekends about 5-6 hours average. Economics - May be about 3 weeks of total study. Fixed Income - About 3 weeks as well. Equity - Currently reading. My way of studying is not just studying readings, but also do end of chapter questions, Schweser Videos, QBank questions (Browse questions) as well. I did prepare notes as well for Fixed Income and Economics. Later found i am lagging behind while studying for FSA. So stopped preparing notes, just highlighting.

Thanks billbelemy22 and skpatnala,i have registered for the june’10 exam and i am dedicating 5-6 hrs a day to prepare for this giant.My main source of reading is CFA curriculum and i supplement it with stalla study guides and practice questions using Passmaster and Curriculum end of chapter questions .What do u say…am i on the right track? Thanks for ur input…much appreciated Jatboy

You are way ahead of time and right on the track. 5-6 hours a day if you prepare, you can even try for Dec 09 exam.

Yea,i thought of it too…but it ain’t worth it as i have no prior core knowledge of finance.Therefore i decided on appearing for june’10. Cheers

Economics - 1 month …1-1.5 hrs a day FRA 45 days …1-1.15 hrs a day Equity 25 days …1-1.15 hrs a day Fixed Income 30 days …1-1.15 hrs a day

Thanks varundarji…do u have a finance or commerce background?

No… i am from Enginnering background (Computer Science)

varundarji Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No… i am from Enginnering background (Computer > Science) Have u appeared in the exam or r u preparing for one?

That’s it…no one else would like to provide any sort of input? Waiting

?

Jatboy. If you have the curriculum read by December to a point where you understand everything. You don’t need to know it, just understand it. If you aim for this you will be ahead of almost everybody.

soddy1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Jatboy. If you have the curriculum read by > December to a point where you understand > everything. You don’t need to know it, just > understand it. > > If you aim for this you will be ahead of almost > everybody. Even with a non-financial background?Do u actually believe 5-6 hrs a day would be enough? Thanks again

jatboy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Even with a non-financial background?Do u actually > believe 5-6 hrs a day would be enough? > > Thanks again You have 9+ months until the June 2010 exam. 9 months x 5hours per day x 23 days (assuming you take days off) = 1000+ hours I think 300-400 hours is sufficient, albeit more than enough. But to each his own.

1.)Economics - I was reading it even the day before the exam, its a devil in disguise. 2.)FRA - 2 weeks 3.)Equity & Fixed income - 2 weeks If you spent more just asking questions and waiting for each and every person on the forum to respond, you wont reach your goal buddy. All the best!

Look at the timeline of his first 3 posts on this thread: August 19, 2009 12:11AM August 19, 2009 05:42AM August 19, 2009 09:23AM Seriously man, hardly anyone’s on here outside work hours.

Take the dec exam, if you pass great, if not all it costs you is the price to registar again. 2 shots at the exam is better then one