How long does Charter application take?

I need 35 more months to be qualified. How I wish it could be just 35 more days.

There’s an example on the cfa website. It’s a couple sentences I think. I just sent emails to my supervisor and colleague so hopefully get approved sometime next week

They have to keep that barrier to entry high enough with their two pronged approach.

Just submitted my application today. Hope to hear from them soon!

You should hear back soon. I didnt write too much in my job descriptions. Just a bit about what i was working on. The only remaining query I now have is how to actually obtain the tangible charter. Presumably it is mailed to you but I have received no indication yet of the process. I emailed info tho.

Interested in learning how this works too. Can you update us?

Of course, will update when I find out! :slight_smile:

Please keep us posted as to how long it takes and if there are any issues. I have 2 of my 3 references in and the third is going to fill it out when back from vacation 8 days from now.

As to the other poster who inquired how long the job description is, they afford you up to 2,500 words but I’ve from people that typed half that they didn’t have any problems.

I submitted my application about a day after my results and I’m currently awaiting my charter as well. I have the approved work experience (60 approved months) and my references are in (two charterholders and one supervisor), but I’ve seen no change from the “Under-Review” status. I work in NC, but a colleague of mine who works in NY was approved almost instantly. Seems to be some differences in turnaround times in different states.

Submitted my application a day after my results and within 24 hours there approved my experience.

For me it took 4 days (in total) submitted Wednesday and approved Sunday,I paid the fees in the same day to get the 3 letters after my name. Waiting the Paper one. I wrote approximately 1600 letters describing my work experience.

Good luck for all

thanks thats exactly what i did.

how long does the application take to fill out (not approved)? an hour or two?

Rex: Have you paid your dues? or is it only need to be paid next year?

I’ve submitted application for 48 hours and still in work experience review status…

Submitted my application to CFAI and local society last Wednesday. Emailed local society on Thursday to see when their next meeting to approve new members would be. Got a response that the local society had already approved my membership earlier that day, however my work experience had not yet been approved by CFAI. My application status still says “Under Review - Society”.

Based on CFA website, it looks like the application is sent to local society after being approved by CFAI. Perhaps I got bad info from local society?

submitted end of august, still waiting…

I’m in the same boat. Got an email from the Baltimore society congratulating me on the right to use the CFA designation but CFAI website still shows under society review…

still waiting on references :slight_smile:

So, once references completed and full application sent to review, could it be done in a few days? :wink: