How long does Charter application take?

If you view your membership application does it have two categories one for the CFA and one for the local society?

Mine has 2 and the one for the CFA has my total months of experience but the one for the local society says 0 months. Both categories still under review. Anyone knows if that’s normal or did I do something wrong?

Mine is the same. I think it’s normal.

Same here. Just submitted today.

Submitted last Saturday. Still waiting.

When you were applying did the “Submitted Work Experience Months” for the CFA London chapter display as a zero? I have submitted 62 months of experience to the CFA Institute and am waiting on approval but for my local chapter it says I have submitted 0 months and there is no way to edit this. Basically I am trying to figure out if this is par for the course or not.

It takes 7 days if you have not asked for membership in some fancy community and 0 months of approved experience is a normal stage in process since CFAI probably assumes that our life is starting since day 0 after passed L3.

cfa just got back to me and said it could take 6-8 weeks. sigh

Why is it that long for the society to approve compare to the CFA Institute ?

Because you probably have submitted into high society. Choose society in Burkina Faso. It takes no longer than a couple of days.

Got my application approved! Submitted last Saturday and approved this Thursday. Not bad :slight_smile:

“(REPLY TO RED_PHOX)” – Mine is the same, although my 80 months of submitted work experience are now approved by CFAI (after submission and receipt of references last Friday), but my local CFA Soc reads as 0 submitted experience months so not sure what happens now.

I have contacted my local Society to query.

LOL

Hopefully it’s going to be approved soon by the local society. I’ve already waited 2 months for the result. I’d like to get the charter soon so I can start apply on higher paying jobs that ask for it.

Got my approval today! What’s next? Do I just pay the dues and I am a CHARTERHOLDER?!

I applied last Friday.

Got approved by the CFA Institute. Still waiting for the local chapter.

Does the local ever reject your work experience after the CFA Institute approves it?

I submitted to CFA last Wed. Went to society on Friday. Society responded to my email - board reviews next week and will answer by end of next week latest. Los Angeles Society, btw.

Do you receive an email from CFAI stating that you’re approved or do you just keep checking? I got an email from my local chapter saying congratulations for the successful completion of the CFA program, but nothing from CFAI and still show 0 months approved.

I called CFAI and they said this is normal for the Institute to display the months of work submitted and for the local society to read as a “0”

got an email from CFA congratulating me for being approved for regular membership and that I have to pay to activate it. Once I paid they sent me another email titled You have officially earned your CFA charter!

Checked the directory and found my name and the 3 CFA letters after :slight_smile:

My second reference filled in the form on monday and I just got approved and earned my charter. The e-mail states it will take 6-8 weeks to physically deliver the actual charter.