How Long Does it Take to do CFAI EOC Questions??

Hi All,

On average, how long is it taking you to complete the EOC questions for an average reading???

For example this would be a reading with 20 single questions and 2/3 item sets.

It is taking me quite a bit of time to get through the EOC questions, so i was just wodnering how everyone is finding these questions?

Also I have heard that poeple are aiming to cover all the EOC questions at least once and some 2-3 times. Could you let me know if you are aiming to cover all the EOC at least once of more.

Thanks

It takes me a long time it seems. I constantly am flipping back and forth too on stuff I don’t remember and teaching myself the mechanics of how to do it because I usually don’t remember after reading it over once.

I’m planning to do all the EOCs at least once. I’ve fallen behind the last two weeks and need to lock myself away to catch up but time has been really limited work/family etc lately.

1 question 1 and half minute

I am aiming to go through EOC at least once. I don’t spend as much time on the free text answer questions as they take time and not sure how good a gauge they are of passing the exam.

The different chapters vary tremendously in terms of time. Some of the FRA chapters that were all multiple choice maybe took me less than an hour to get through. But the chapters that have questions where you have to do a lot of calculations (some in Equity, some in Fixed Income, Capital Budgeting) can take me a few hours.

If you have the time, do all of the EOC. If you don’t have the time you want to make sure you get to some mocks at the end instead of doing only EOC.

I do them all now, and when reviewing I’ll limit myself to the item set format questions as they represent the exam best (and take up less time than the other ones).

It doesn’t make sense to me that people don’t do these as they are reading each section, especially because they help you to retain the information better.