how long have you had your calc w/out changing batteries?

I’ve been using mine regularly since last august- has anyone here had theirs last over a year w/ one battery? I’ve heard of people breaking them trying to change out the batteries so I’d rather not try (referring to the TI model)

I have mine for 7 years now… never changed the batteries.

I carry two calcs. the extra money is worth the piece of mind.

i carry 5 pencils to make up for only carrying 1 calc.

i carry 2 calcs, both running for 5 years now without changing batts

nova_cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I carry two calcs. the extra money is worth the > piece of mind. Same. Way more than worth it.

I’ve had mine for 3 years but I also borrow another one for the exam just to be safe.

wowww 2 calcs … y didnt i get that idea earlier … i know its worth the peace of mind tht would be a nightmare to have the calc go off in the middle of the exam … i think i would get hysterical

One - had it one yr. Going to buy another tomorrow. Not worth the risk.

borrowed another calc from a coworker…i dont need anymore stress on exam day.

I have 2 that are both over 4 years old, so … call me a dork but I took three calcs to the test last year.

mine smells like peaches…

Take two into the exam and leave one in your car. That way if you get jacked on the way into the exam room you can double back for the one in your car. However, if you get car jacked then you may be in trouble so i suggest going to the exam center the night before and planting a 4th calculator in a secret spot, just in case.

I only use mine for Exams…the rest of the time I use an Abacus…I should be ok

Has anyone ever seen someone’s battery run out in the exam? I did see someone who didn’t bring a calculator to the exam in L1.

I just went and got a battery for my BAII plus - I tell you what, although the rules say you can bring a battery and screwdriver just in case, I wouldn’t recommend it…not exactly an easy swap…

bring 3 into the exam. Its an arbitrage play. there is always someone that gets their calculator rejected because it is the wrong kind. Then you can sell them your spare for $100

CFAdetroit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bring 3 into the exam. Its an arbitrage play. > there is always someone that gets their calculator > rejected because it is the wrong kind. Then you > can sell them your spare for $100 I like the way you think…Kinda like selling umbrellas in a NYC street corner on a rainy day.

I’m going in with one. I might not make it out.