How long to hear back after interviewing?

Hi everyone. I had a final round interview exactly a week ago and have not heard back. Should I consider myself dinged, or is this still not an ample amount of time to know? Thanks in advance

There is no correct answer to your question. It depends on many factors.

What you should do is be pro active. Show them you want the job. Contact them and ask them where they’re at in the hiring process and reiterate you’re still interested. That’s the only thing you can do that’s within your control at the moment.

After a week, you’re good to follow up. See what’s happening.

Typically, if you don’t hear back from the company in the first few days after the interview, it’s most likely a negative sign. If a company wants to hire you, they will usually throw an offer letter at you pretty quickly after the interview process has concluded. However, you also have to consider other candidates in the final round who need to be interviewed. You may have been at the front of the pack, so to speak, for the final round of interviewees. So, the company might be waiting to complete all interviews before they make a decision.

Additionally, depending on the firm, the management team could be extremely busy and hasn’t had time to make a final decision on the candidate pool. Recently, I had this situation happen to me; however, the firm was pretty good about communicating delays. The decision was made about a week and a half after the final interview because management had more pressing issues to address.

My advice, I would reach out to the company. It not only reaffirms your interest level, but also allows you to manage your expectations surrounding the decision making process. I can give you more scenarios, but it would be pure speculation. Send them an e-mail and then go from there.

Thread’s over boys, pack it up.