How long to solve all CFAI end of chapter?

How long will it take to solve all end of chapter problems again? 20 hours?

if you are a rock star… It is taking me a lot longer…hoping to finish by sunday end of day… have 3 books left…

20 hrs, don’t think so. more like 30+ if u do all of them and haven’t done them before.

I did them all and some problems i solved 2x times

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I did them all and some problems i solved 2x times you are getting annoying :wink:

geez, you are definitely going to pass. calm down already :slight_smile:

i am with CSK. on this one. you just CANNOT be too sure of yourself here…

3rd & Long Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i am with CSK. on this one. you just CANNOT be too > sure of yourself here… but that was not what he wrote and asked …

The Edge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I did them all and some problems i solved 2x > times > > you are getting annoying :wink: I failed Level 1 once. It was enough

The Edge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3rd & Long Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i am with CSK. on this one. you just CANNOT be > too > > sure of yourself here… > > but that was not what he wrote and asked … The Edge, why all the animosity? I am just trying to figure out what to do for the next 2 weeks

there is no animosity, so calm down on the ego … if that was your question you should have phrased your question that you have already done this 2x. although any question coming from you - everyone should know it is not come from the place of ‘this is my first time’ … I think you are being some what cocky, and you have every right to be. just calm down, you are just not being very pleasant about it. just my observation,

The Edge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > there is no animosity, so calm down on the ego … > if that was your question you should have phrased > your question that you have already done this 2x. > > although any question coming from you - everyone > should know it is not come from the place of ‘this > is my first time’ … I think you are being some > what cocky, and you have every right to be. just > calm down, you are just not being very pleasant > about it. just my observation, So, unless you are behind you dont have a right to ask questions? I think i helped ALOT of people on this forum by answering their questions and i have every right to ask if i should redo all CFAI questions or not. If you dont like me, dont reply to my posts. Thanks -CSK

csk - reference to ONE post and you take it upon yourself to mean ALL posts. no one has accused you for not helping and all the stuff you wrote above. you need to chill out.

The Edge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > csk - reference to ONE post and you take it upon > yourself to mean ALL posts. no one has accused > you for not helping and all the stuff you wrote > above. you need to chill out. i agree, i need to chill out, and that will happen on June 7 :-/ Until then i cant make any promises

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i agree, i need to chill out, and that will happen > on June 7 :-/ Until then i cant make any promises Thank you. we are all in this together and we all want to pass this exam in 2008!

CSK, Let me try to explain where some of this stuff is coming from. First, just from what I’ve read off here the last couple years you sound like a pretty good kid. Just a little high strung, but hey no big deal. But it is a bit frustrating to see you, let’s say, knocking yourself for only getting a 73 on a mock, or the constant Schweser bashing. Including the Treynor Black issue last year, no one that uses their stuff can blame them for not passing. You go into it knowing that there are going to be discrepancies or mistakes or material that might not be as well covered as it should be. Hell, they are under alot of pressure to get this stuff out ASAP to us. I know you are way ahead of the game, and you’re questions are legit for sure, but I’ve put every single thing I could have put into it since November and I’m not even close to where you are, and good for you. But yeah, it is a bit frustrating to read some of the stuff when I know it’s a foregone conclusion that you are going to pass. And again, good for you that you are doing every possible thing you can to kill the thing. I wish ya all the best. The thing is, I want to read your posts, because for the most part they are very helpful. But some of the examples I listed above can hard to take. Anyway’s, hope you don’t take offense. Good luck.

CSK, if you’ve already done all the problems 2X, why do them a third time??? Why don’t you find some new problems instead? Honestly the best way to learn this stuff (and build your confidence) is to apply the tools and techniques to brand new situations/problems rather than mechanically repeating problems 100+ times.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CSK, > Let me try to explain where some of this stuff is > coming from. > First, just from what I’ve read off here the last > couple years you sound like a pretty good kid. > Just a little high strung, but hey no big deal. > But it is a bit frustrating to see you, let’s say, > knocking yourself for only getting a 73 on a mock, > or the constant Schweser bashing. Including the > Treynor Black issue last year, no one that uses > their stuff can blame them for not passing. You go > into it knowing that there are going to be > discrepancies or mistakes or material that might > not be as well covered as it should be. Hell, they > are under alot of pressure to get this stuff out > ASAP to us. > I know you are way ahead of the game, and you’re > questions are legit for sure, but I’ve put every > single thing I could have put into it since > November and I’m not even close to where you are, > and good for you. But yeah, it is a bit > frustrating to read some of the stuff when I know > it’s a foregone conclusion that you are going to > pass. And again, good for you that you are doing > every possible thing you can to kill the thing. I > wish ya all the best. > The thing is, I want to read your posts, because > for the most part they are very helpful. But some > of the examples I listed above can hard to take. > Anyway’s, hope you don’t take offense. > Good luck. good points overall, and i agree with all of them. Sorry if i came off as arrogant or in any other way diminish some one else. You should post more questions and i will try to help with all i can. i am sure everyone here who put time and study hard will pass.

CSK - Not all the CFAi end of chapter problems are worth doing. Do the revelant ones only. Skip the rest. Some are too out of scope and not part of any LOS. Choose wisely.

pimp, any suggestion on which one to tackle? I just plan on reading through problems and see if i can think of a solution, if i cant think of it quickly i will try to solve it. I agree that most problems are way out of scope, but i think deriv and fi and eco are well redoing.