How Low Can Citigroup Go?

This is unbelievable - A company worth 250 Billion dollars just 12 months ago is now worth only 40 billion. Does any seriously think that C can go under?

joey122 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is unbelievable - A company worth 250 Billion > dollars just 12 months ago is now worth only 40 > billion. > > Does any seriously think that C can go under? It will be acquired.

Who by? Whos got 50 billion to stump up for this company - Will shareholders get wiped out?

I dont see C going under now that they have govt funds in them. Acquisition could be possible(raise funds via stock/debt offering like WFC/BAC has done), or potentially picking apart pieces of it at good prices and leaving it as a fraction of what it is/was.

Acquisition, are you kidding me! If anything, these guys need broken up. Commercial Banking/Investment Baking/Asset Management/Broker-DealerInsurance/Blah Blah…I wouldn’t even know where to begin in analyzing this beast…

I agree that C’s fall would be a totally amazing story in just about any context except the one we are currently in.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree that C’s fall would be a totally amazing > story in just about any context except the one we > are currently in. It seems like anything can happen in our current situation. 3 years ago you would have been laughed off the face of the Earth if you told of recent events.

I believe Joey actually had a post six months ago or maybe a year ago wondering if C was a bargain. I remember that because up until that post, I didn’t realize C was Citi’s ticker symbol. I thought I was going to be reading about a computer language. :wink:

I should add that that was in the “before-times,” when it looked like we were headed for some rough water, but it didn’t yet look like we were going over Niagra Falls.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I believe Joey actually had a post six months ago > or maybe a year ago wondering if C was a bargain. > I remember that because up until that post, I > didn’t realize C was Citi’s ticker symbol. I > thought I was going to be reading about a computer > language. :wink: I really thought it was a bargain at 19 or something. Good thing I stayed away (at least partly due to Virgin’s advice that nobody understands financials and that I ought to be included in that list). I thought that the govt would not let C go down like this. Of course, if I had only known of the other trouble…

I think C has more downside to go. The lost battle over Wachovia hurt C pretty badly, that was their one chance to increase their deposit base. Now, what else is left? Break up the firm!!

I’ll buy at $5 bucks just as a lottery ticket. Either it goes way up in the future, or it goes to zero.

chatter of GS/C has been out there since last april…we’ll see. i got crushed and we got out in 20s

Anything can happen to C. I know someone that put some money in AIG. AIG at 2 bucks, how bad can it be, I can hold on for long term. I guess someone can apply the same strategy to Freddie and Fannie, but will these stocks ever go back to even 10 bucks?