How many AFers are applying for MBA this year?

Dude, you people are killing the thread here… How about we break it down this way: For IB, PE, HF: Wharton & Chicago For investment mgmt :Columbia & ? For VC, new venture, Tech: Stanford For Management: HBS, Kellogg For Strategy consulting: ???

I would like to study. Nonetheless, I can’t afford the courses =(

I know Booth is also pretty strong on investment management and strategic consulting. Hell, I think McK hired like 30 people from Booth last year. Don’t know much about other schools becuase I am not applying anywhere else. yea dude, don’t kill the thred with that U of P $hit here. I got my master there and it was the biggest waste of $$$ :slight_smile:

$tarving_Banker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know Booth is also pretty strong on investment > management and strategic consulting. Hell, I think > McK hired like 30 people from Booth last year. > Don’t know much about other schools becuase I am > not applying anywhere else. > > yea dude, don’t kill the thred with that U of P > $hit here. I got my master there and it was the > biggest waste of $$$ :slight_smile: Please believe that what I am saying is true: I know 2 MBAs from Booth and 1 who is doing it currently. Among the 3 of them I have never heard them say a single intelligent thing. Its not like I expect them to be super smart but they are dump i.e. below average intellect. Moreover, all 3 have terrible social skill. Its not just me who says this. Hence, I maintain that top MBA programs are a scam. MBA never taught no one nothing.

it’s ‘dumb.’ Unbeleivable.

you’re grammar is not impeccable neither.

I actually DO believe what you say, needhelp. There is this one guy I know who has a MBA from Harvard. He later became the President of a major Western country despite sub-par intelligence and poor English skills. People like that are out there. But for every 1 person like that, I can point to 5 people who are hard working, imtelligent, successful, and interesting. I have been talking to many Booth Alum and I can honestly say so far the vast majority of them are the latter of the two. I absolutely disagree with you on the value of an MBA. Hell, I even know CFAs working in the back office balancing trades. Does it mean CFA is not useful?

For me CFA was more useful than MBA but my MBA was from a miniature pony school. I love CFA and miss it. Wish I could do it all over again.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For me CFA was more useful than MBA but my MBA was > from a miniature pony school. I love CFA and miss > it. Wish I could do it all over again. I’m sure CFAI will be more than happy to let you start all over again, all full price of course.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Please believe that what I am saying is true: > > I know 2 MBAs from Booth and 1 who is doing it > currently. Among the 3 of them I have never heard > them say a single intelligent thing. Its not like > I expect them to be super smart but they are dump > i.e. below average intellect. Moreover, all 3 have > terrible social skill. Its not just me who says > this. > > Hence, I maintain that top MBA programs are a > scam. MBA never taught no one nothing. I met 2 charterholders the other day that couldn’t carry a conversation and didn’t know what a coupon was. I guess I should just assume all charterholders are dumb.

king_kong are you a charterholder? how about an MBA?

king_kong Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >> I met 2 charterholders the other day that couldn’t > carry a conversation and didn’t know what a coupon > was. I guess I should just assume all > charterholders are dumb. Charterholders make so much money that they have someone who does their grocery shopping for them, so they don’t need to know what coupons are.

F everything, Imma go to med school.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > king_kong are you a charterholder? how about an > MBA? I am neither. Not sure what your point is here.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $tarving_Banker Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I know Booth is also pretty strong on > investment > > management and strategic consulting. Hell, I > think > > McK hired like 30 people from Booth last year. > > Don’t know much about other schools becuase I > am > > not applying anywhere else. > > > > yea dude, don’t kill the thred with that U of P > > $hit here. I got my master there and it was the > > biggest waste of $$$ :slight_smile: > > Please believe that what I am saying is true: > > I know 2 MBAs from Booth and 1 who is doing it > currently. Among the 3 of them I have never heard > them say a single intelligent thing. Its not like > I expect them to be super smart but they are dump > i.e. below average intellect. Moreover, all 3 have > terrible social skill. Its not just me who says > this. > > Hence, I maintain that top MBA programs are a > scam. MBA never taught no one nothing. Modern Finance theory was basically invented at Booth. Their program is near the top of my list.

I remember bumping into Eugene Fama and Gary Becker and didn’t know who they were when I was an undergrad there.

Pardon the attitude but whats rocket science about Modern Finance theory? I think its just a simple exercise that any engineer can pick up in 2 hours or less.

phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, you people are killing the thread here… > > How about we break it down this way: > > For IB, PE, HF: Wharton & Chicago > > For investment mgmt :Columbia & ? > > For VC, new venture, Tech: Stanford > > For Management: HBS, Kellogg > > For Strategy consulting: ??? i’d say for PE it’s more like Stanford and HBS. does anyone know what schools come after that? my guess is wharton and columbia? also, have any of you heard of anyone that was accepted to stanford and hbs, but rejected at lower schools? i imagine the process is probably pretty efficient in terms of the rankings. wharton is a reach for me so i’m thinking stanford and hbs would be a waste of time.

fredfunk04 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > phBOOM Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Dude, you people are killing the thread here… > > > > How about we break it down this way: > > > > For IB, PE, HF: Wharton & Chicago > > > > For investment mgmt :Columbia & ? > > > > For VC, new venture, Tech: Stanford > > > > For Management: HBS, Kellogg > > > > For Strategy consulting: ??? > > > i’d say for PE it’s more like Stanford and HBS. > does anyone know what schools come after that? my > guess is wharton and columbia? > > also, have any of you heard of anyone that was > accepted to stanford and hbs, but rejected at > lower schools? i imagine the process is probably > pretty efficient in terms of the rankings. > wharton is a reach for me so i’m thinking stanford > and hbs would be a waste of time. People got in H/S but got rejected by lower schools is not news at all. The admin process is a big black box and that is why you should apply for more than 1 top schools. I have a friend (for undergrad) who recently got rejected by WashU and got in H.

fredfunk04 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >i imagine the process is probably > pretty efficient in terms of the rankings. > wharton is a reach for me so i’m thinking stanford > and hbs would be a waste of time. …with that attitude you are absolutely right.