How many days did it take for approval

Couldn’t have agreed more with u :slight_smile:

No i didnt get the pre results email for membership. You could send this to mythbusters to debunk. apart from the fact that i dont want to be checking status on website daily and putting up the claims from company to reimburse my dues, my excitement has died down. I mean those who were never on the program wouldnt know its value…sadly

Does anyone feel the CFAI is getting more lenient with respect to accepting work experience? In my case, I had nearly 3 years that was very relevant (though not in investment management), and then teaching/research as a grad student. My research/publications were related to topics in the CFA curriculum, and I taught a half-load of college math (calculus and above) while doing said research, which I noted served as the foundation for understanding topics related to the investment process. Still, I had been planning to wait one more year until a couple charterholders I was out to dinner with told me I should definitely submit it, and voilà.

Does anyone here, has any experience with CFA Arabia? How long does experience approval take?

Approved by local society as well - 12 working days total. IAIP is fast!

Membership activated - now waiting for the confirmation email.

Yipee!

Anyone else done with activation from this years passouts?

Anyone from India?

Ugh today’s the 10th business day for CFAI, still waiting on approval on work experience. I sent up the app on 8/19. Is anyone still waiting on CFAI work approval for this long?

about 1 week from CFAI

about 20 days from local society

Is it me or is this whole approval process flawed? I can’t understand why one has to wait until their local society approves their membship to earn their charter and pay their dues when can choose to join or not join their local society.

I called my local society and they told me I will get approval in early October because they meet only once per month. I think once cfai approves your experience then that is all that matters. I mean another month is fine but I am not going to choose to join my local society anyways.

Agree, this process is crazy! Seems like once CFAI approves work experience (it has in my case) then the local chapters should take that at face value. Otherwise there could be wild inconsistencies in how work experience is approved chapter by chapter, even if CFAI has approved your experience.

I’m wondering if CFAI even thought about this? It is misleading. The requirements to earn your charter are to pass all exams, have 4 years of approved experience, 2 or 3 sponsors, sign your professional conduct stmt and pay your dues. Then they throw you a curve ball once the main components are complete and tell you, oh yeah you must have your local society approval also before paying your dues. The CFAI essentially has placed your ability to earn the charter in the local society’s hands even though one does not need to join.

Untrue. You don’t dispute you require 4 years of approved experience, right? The local society must also approve it for it to be… well… approved. So it’s right there in the requirements. I think they have the local society review as a check to make sure you aren’t inventing a fake company or something that you work for or that you have a local reputation as a fraud or something. They’re more in touch with the local area than CFAI could ever be.

That’s how I saw it anyway.

Finally got my work experience approve today! Submitted on 8/19, so 11 business days.

Congrats

Thanks, now I wait some more. I’m guessing society approval is going to take the full 30 days. Didn’t NYSSA meet yesterday or something for the month.

lol email your local society, dont be scared

My local society (CFA Society of Chicago) has yet to approve my work experience and it is becoming very frustrating. Has anyone else faced a similar situation witht the Chicago society? The CFA Institute approved 100+ months of work experience for me weeks ago and I am really confused as to why my local society needs to also approve my work experience.

Folks, just email your society and tell them you’re just waiting on them at this point. Dont forget, they have an incentive to approve you so that they can collect a fee. I emailed my society and got approval the next day (on day 12 of 30).

Alright I emailed them. Thanks