How many exams should I give?

Hi guys, I am little behind schedule and am planning to give exams from tomorrow. I have never given practice exams although have solved problems from other sources. I am planning to give 4 CFA sample exams and 2 full length Schweser from Book 7. What do you guys think about this. I’d appreciate any advice I can get. Thanks. Smeet

Forget about book 7. Go for Schweser book 6, BSAS if you can get your hands on it and one or two CFA online exams to get used to the type of questions you can expect.

My suggestion…Just take the CFA exams, and spend the rest of the time reviewing what you got wrong or the topics that you had problems with.

I really like suggestion given by delhirocks. that’s exactly my game plan. if you don’t want to take more than 2 exams, I’d suggest taking #3 and #5. They are the hardest ones. Don’t feel bad if you don’t score high, they other 3 exams are significantly easier.

Yes i think i will give around 3 CFA exams and one schweser just to get the feel of the 6 hour torture…:slight_smile:

yeah i wouldn’t focus on book 7 since you don’t have much time left. the schweser book 6 is the way to go. i’m contemplating getting the CFAI sample exams, don’t know if I’ll do that for sure.

im planning on finishing up all book 6 exam by sat. Then work on CFAI exams until thurs night. FRiday all review on problems.

I recommend a good movie and a beer friday night. Bed by 10-11.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I really like suggestion given by delhirocks. > that’s exactly my game plan. > > if you don’t want to take more than 2 exams, I’d > suggest taking #3 and #5. They are the hardest > ones. Don’t feel bad if you don’t score high, > they other 3 exams are significantly easier. --maratikus, I don’t think the exams are fixed…I could be wrong though…we can compare the questions we got on 3 and 5 to see if they were indeed the same though

in fact I don’t even know if they have more than 300 questions or even 300 questions, I think I saw the same question appearing on different exams more than once…

liaaba, a few questions were similar (questions about Sharpe and coefficient of variation, for example). however, most questions were different.

SO Does it mean tht the questions are randomly generated from a pool and is independent of the sample exam no?`

maratikus, not similar questions, I saw the same question, like same number, same answer, same working, same everything…I still don’t think the exmas are set, I think they’re generated at real time, like your exam 3 and 5 could be different from mine… anyway, I also thought a lot of the questions were trying to quiz your memory, like that one on the tax system (like continental, British-american, mixed economy, and the one w/ continental plus inflation, which just escaped my mind)…when you see a question like this on the exam, and you haven’t a clue what the answer is, what’s the best approach? flipping a coin or blind sighting yourself while picking an answer? do they let you bring coins into the exam hall?..hmmm…

not sure, liaaba. you might be right.

I just gave CFA exam 5 and got a 67%. That is disappointing

Guys I got a couple of questions on the CFAI Exams: Can you just login to the CFAI site and give an exam right away? OR Do u need to process a payment and setup a time for giving an exam? Can you select which exam you wanna give - as in 1, 3, 4 or 5 or does it always start from Exam # 1? Also I know that u get 120 mins for a 60 qstn exam but how much time do you get to review it once it finishes? Is the review in printable? Any answers on this are highly appreciated.

You can login and give it rt away. You can also select which exam you wna give and yes review is printable

Thanks Smeet! Is the review timebound?

If you mean review at the end of every question , yes it is since it is included in 120 mins

i was thinking you get 120 mins to do 60 questions and then you can review them without being clocked. Guess that is incorrect then.