How many hours are you guys putting in in a week right now?

dude, ur the 1st guy i’ve met with the same 1st name as me!

lol who?

I’d recommend reading through schweser and using the CFAI texts when you need additional support for a specific area in which you are having some difficulty. I began studying for the Dec. test halfway through august and finished reading the schweser material around the first week of November; therefore it took me a little under 3 months just to get through schweser. What I am trying to say is that although the schweser material are considered “Notes”, they do a pretty good job explaining the material for Level 1 - therefore, I wouldn’t say it’s simply “meat and bones” (its still about 1200 pages) but it isn’t any CFAI text either. I don’t think you’ll retain much more information from first reading CFAI and than schweser front to back. You’ll probably end up skimming schweser because you will most likely remember seeing the material in CFAI and therefore will make you think you allready know it. However, when you start taking practice tests you will discover that what you thought you knew pretty well at first, will seem much more difficult when applying the basic logic to specific questions. In my opinion, read the material, review as you go along (I wish I did a little more of that while I studied) and then take practice questions. Than, go over what you got wrong by reading over that specific problematic area in schweser or CFAI. Take enough practice questions and hopefully you’ll end up going over all the material 1-2 times, not including the first read-through. That is what will put you ahead of the game. Unfortuntely for me, I didn’t give myself enough time for practice…we’ll see if I still pass or not come January 23 :slight_smile:

Started on and off mid-dec, currently putting in about 8-10 hrs/week. Starting Jan1 that will go up to about 20-22 hrs/week. ========= Currently on Vol 1 Reading 6. and thinking about getting schweser essential package

I plan to spend 15-20 hours a week with an average of 2 hours on weekdays (2hrs x 5 = 10hrs) and hope to cover another 10 hour on the weekend.

Hi Guys. I have maped out a daily plan. I will do 3hrs a day for 3 days (Mon to Wednesday), relax on Thur and Frid, then put 8hrs on Sart and 4hrs on Sund. If my plan is executed well I should be done by end of much and have Apr & May to revise. Anyone writing in JHB (RSA)???

I officially scheduled around 4 hours a day! totally and extra time if any but i still feel lack of time

Hmm I spent about 10 minutes last night going through the stalla software manual, does that count? :slight_smile:

For those of your already putting in 20+ hours a week, kudos! I would be concerned with getting burned out as I know that can happen to me… Right now, I am going for 1.5-2 hours every weeknight right when i get home from work. and than like 3-4 hours on both saturday and sunday. I let myself miss a day or so a week to go out right after work (whats work if you cant play, right?) If i miss anymore time than that i just make it up on the weekend. This still puts me in the like 12-15 hours a week range (my goal is 15 hr weeks). So far I think this is a pretty good pace, I will probably step it up closer to 20 as the exam gets closer and than just go nuts then last 2-3 weeks bangin out like 30 hour weeks doing practice exams and such GenY