How many hours do you estimate you have left for preparation?

40 hours and it is nerve wrenching!!!

10x13=130 hours

Well… I’ve logged a little over 320 since December/January. Given I have vacation from work the week of the exam, I should be good for another 40-50. Hopefully it will be enough.

probably around 30-40. traveling for work which is going to hurt. with 320+50 you should ace this thing!! question: if you fail, would you retake next year having put in the time? also, of the 320 hours, were you really studying (read: face in books) that whole time? I think we all study differently (with respect to concentration or how easily distracted we may get). There is no way I could do 300+ hours.

About 150. I don’t have to work much over the next 13 days.

jmac01 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > probably around 30-40. traveling for work which > is going to hurt. > > with 320+50 you should ace this thing!! question: > if you fail, would you retake next year having put > in the time? > > also, of the 320 hours, were you really studying > (read: face in books) that whole time? I think we > all study differently (with respect to > concentration or how easily distracted we may > get). There is no way I could do 300+ hours. The 320 I quoted is “face in the books” study time. I am pretty anal about tracking the amount of hours I study. Not because I think there is a magic number that needs to be hit to ensure passing, but it keeps me motivated and on track. Throughout the work week I study 1 hour in the morning prior to work, 1 hour at lunch and usually 1-2 at night. I tend to log 6 total hours on the weekend. Compound that schedule from December to June and you come out around 375 hours. The way I keep track is pretty easy. When I start studying I jot down the time and when I finish I jot down the time. Then plop it into an excel sheet and sum. This is my first attempt at level II (passed Level I in June 09), so yeah, I would retake, but I sure hope I’m not faced with that decision. Compared to others on the board, I’m average in terms of the hours I’ve logged. Others claim to have logged 500+ so far.

The study hours logged on AF definitely fall on the right side of the distribution amongst all L2 candidates. There was a thread on the L1 boards asking the same question and of the first 10 replies I think 1 person was under 350 hours. Crazy

For Level 1, i logged in approximately 430 hours of quality studying time. I dont count the time I had been daydreaming during my study session. This year only 200 hours till now :stuck_out_tongue: Hope to have another 12*6= 78 at the very least!

Looks like I may need to put in some more time! Great board - answers so many of the questions I have. Good luck on the test. It seems like many of you will be among the most prepared.

I got no clue on how many hours I put

Is reading AF included? today I am spending 35% of study time reading this forum and 25% doing questions and 40% reviewing/reading books 100 hours