How many of us are .....

How many of us have quit their jobs / work for CFA ? … I mean, has anone here deliberately taken a break from work to make time for CFA studies ?

Quit? That’s crazy, unless you have really unusual circumstances. Burn vacation days and personal time off, probably a fair number.

saprenikhil Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How many of us have quit their jobs / work for CFA > ? … I mean, has anone here deliberately taken a > break from work to make time for CFA studies ? I know of at least 1 person that quit their job for the CFA level 1…I don’t think that’s a good way to start because you won’t know how to be efficient with your time studying for the other levels (assuming he passes level 1).

saprenikhil Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How many of us have quit their jobs / work for CFA > ? … I mean, has anone here deliberately taken a > break from work to make time for CFA studies ? Quitting would be crazy. I did, however, go toe-to-toe with my former boss at my last job asking for vacation time for lvl2. It was a busy week for the firm, but I really felt that I needed the time. He capitulated; it helped that I hadn’t taken any days off longer than a day or two in the last year (excepting Christmas week, when the office was closed). I agree with Spreads’ comment - I don’t think quitting your job, for any level, makes a lot of sense.

quitting any job “in the business” for the exam is insane to say the least if you’re a cashier at WFMI and your parents are supporting you, thats a different story. this isnt like a full time MBA program where there is an entire department of people trying to help you find employment…

I shouldn’t say I know the guy, he just works with my buddy at a bank with two colleagues writing the exam…he had a decent job too; just imagine how he’ll look if he fails, no job and no level 1, LOL.

I have killed the whole month of annual vacation year after year to study for CFA :frowning: for the 3rd year in a row now

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Really? If it’s that much effort, why would you take the CFA? I mean, it’s not going to change your life or anything, right? I always viewed this program as something that is only worth doing if it doesn’t cause significant inconvenience.

Unless you are working in McDonalds or loaded thats just retarded - with regard quiting As for time off, if you can then why not

one week off per year for two years. the CFA is meant to be acheived while working. if you can’t study, pass and work, you will likely have a difficult time in your various duties that you wish to have in the future. are you going to quit doing some job duties to focus on other job duties? are you going to quit your marriage to focus on your job?