How many people fail at 69% every year

to pass, you have to get 168 correct. it’d be a tragedy to get only 165-167 correct.

True, but you’ll never know if that is the case…

Have i read rumors that sometimes you can pass with less than 70? I really have no shot at passing this, cuz I’ve not scored over 70 even once.

While no one knows for certain, conventional wisdom is that 70% is not the passing grade… It’s a blended metric… sort of a modified bell curve. Some have postulated that as low as 60% in some years was a passing grade. The key is relative performance combined with overall performance. Get a 70 and you should be fine… but you might also make it slightly below that if the overall group did poorly. Also, schweser instructors have indicated that there may be a bump for people who do really well in ethics… that is, get a 68% overall and ace ethics… then you’re good. Not sure what is rumor and what’s true… probably shoot for that 70 % regardless!

my instructor was a CFA exam writer and grader, he said they only count total score, not giving more weights on ethics.

Portfolio Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > my instructor was a CFA exam writer and grader, he > said they only count total score, not giving more > weights on ethics. That seems likely; if they wanted ethics to be more important that it already is, they could use a different scale (weight it more, or require a certain level to pass, etc…) I’m scoring in the 67-69% range, so I really hope the passing score is somewhere below 70%

i was under the impression that 70% is basically a definite pass? is that not the case?

i dunno what the “definite” rules are. 70% should get you through. but depending on what their rules are, people have apparently passed with less than 70.

Who cares? Just do your best! No need for extra worrying about insignificant details.