How many people retake who failed?

If 65% of people who took the June 08 failed, assuming a good majority were first timers, what percentage of people do you think will retake it again? I’m really just wondering how many people sign up for the CFA and just thinking its going to be breeze and then get it handed to them. One and done. Offhandedly I would guess maybe 30-40% retake?

good question, but the 10 people I talked to this past week that failed, none are retaking. but they are in early 20s and have jobs, so that is that if you get a stat, let me know. off the top of my head, i assume less than half of people who fail first time, take it again. it costs $ and a LOT of time. people with jobs simply get burned out. there is one benefit to being unemployed. study for CFA and CAIA all day!!! : ) -

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > good question, but the 10 people I talked to this > past week that failed, none are retaking. but they > are in early 20s and have jobs, so that is that > > if you get a stat, let me know. off the top of my > head, i assume less than half of people who fail > first time, take it again. it costs $ and a LOT of > time. people with jobs simply get burned out. > > there is one benefit to being unemployed. study > for CFA and CAIA all day!!! : ) - That is very true, in my mid 20s and with a full-time job, although I have signed up for the Dec '08 exam but I am “burned out” from the previous first time attempt.

band 10 fail here… on the light of other posters’ results I guess that my <50% mark in the derivative section killed me. it sucks a big time but u can count me in for dec and (hopefully) for June09 level2.

D’Artagnan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > band 10 fail here… > > it sucks a big time but u can count me in for dec > and (hopefully) for June09 level2. good man!!! band 10 means you were suuuuuuuuuuper close.

I failed in December and I failed in June but I was band 10 in June. I’m rewriting it. I’m determined and I work full time.

meazza, i think you will kill it in december.

Appreciate that daj. I will do my best. I just wish work would give me time off to study and not deduct it as vacation time :frowning:

jun lv1, band 5… yeah, i was totally knocked out. i work full-time and heaps of OT, not enough time for practice. so i guess during my sec try, do a quickly textbook reveiw and taking as much as questions i can. finger cross.

this is random but i know a lot of people who retake L1 a 2nd time. i would say maybe 70% of the people i know that took L1 and failed took it a 2nd time. probably about 50% of those people passed.