how many people will lie even if failed?

Going to tell people that I passed, however it isn’t worth the time and money to take level 2. I would in Finance and very people even know what a CFA is so no harm done. Anyone else going to lie? I’m sure I’m not alone…

I remember talking to a friend of mine in Feb when last December’s results were released. She said she passed but she isn’t planning to sit for Lv 2 in June and might not write another CFA exam ever again. I didn’t think much of it back then but now that you’ve mentioned it, it does sound bizarre. I think I wouldn’t be pressured to lie to close friends and relatives. But when asked by those people who said “Oh I’m sure you’ll pass!” the decision becomes harder.

Nope, I’m not gonna lie if I don’t pass. There’s no point in it. 1st of all, the thought of repeated public shame might make me study harder the next time and 2ndly, lying just takes too much energy. It’s not worth it.

to add to what Lara-lilly said, it would be even tougher morally/ethically when a prospective candidate/friend comes up to you for advice/suggestion

I’m never tempted to lie but it sure is annoying when everyone says “I’m sure you did fine” to try to make you feel better.

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Going to tell people that I passed, however it > isn’t worth the time and money to take level 2. I > would in Finance and very people even know what a > CFA is so no harm done. > > Anyone else going to lie? I’m sure I’m not > alone… Just a guess, but I’m gunna say you may have failed the ethics section.

Might work with friends but don’t try to lie with this answer to a CFA or in a job interview. You never know when people turn out to be smarter than you guess should have been.

Also, if you would ever practice as a professional financial advisor, never try to fool your client. That would be seriously unethical.

I will try to be utmost honest while reporting my failure or success…even though I think my exam was verygood… yet due to no past experience…I have my figures crossed…and place 50 50 on P/F…

I will not lie about passing, but I am trying to limit the number of people who know I am taking the test. That way I can avoid at least a few slightly embarrassing situations.