how many questions did u miss in Am

CSK how’d you do? I got at least 5 wrong already on the PM and morning is a mess. I don’t think the test was very representative of the material I studied for hours. Instead of testing the bigger topics they tested small details, i.e. that whole lagging to coincident was like a sentence in the entire cfai material and r-g I dont remember seeing that.

s23dino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CSK how’d you do? I got at least 5 wrong already > on the PM and morning is a mess. I don’t think the > test was very representative of the material I > studied for hours. Instead of testing the bigger > topics they tested small details, i.e. that whole > lagging to coincident was like a sentence in the > entire cfai material and r-g I dont remember > seeing that. 7 wrong on PM and morning is A MESS too. I had a huge writer’s block, i would know the answer but just couldnt explain it! Most of my answers looked weired and i had to skip atleast 3-4 sub questions

So the question is how much partial credit for setting up problem etc…

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > s23dino Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > CSK how’d you do? I got at least 5 wrong > already > > on the PM and morning is a mess. I don’t think > the > > test was very representative of the material I > > studied for hours. Instead of testing the > bigger > > topics they tested small details, i.e. that > whole > > lagging to coincident was like a sentence in > the > > entire cfai material and r-g I dont remember > > seeing that. > > 7 wrong on PM and morning is A MESS too. I had a > huge writer’s block, i would know the answer but > just couldnt explain it! Most of my answers looked > weired and i had to skip atleast 3-4 sub questions I really didnt want to skip any questions and I didn’t but in hindsight I probably should have to get the most pts on the questions I knew. For instance the rebalancing one was easy and at first I did the CPPI before adjustments at the beginning of the period but at the last 5 minutes I noticed it read like he rebalanced at the beginning so I scrambled to try and fix it and I could show the calc on the stock to purchase. If I would have skipped a questions I could have read better and got full credit on this.

at this point i think i’ll be happy if i score in the high 50s, low 60s in the AM. I answered every question but made some big mistakes on the ones with the most points.

I walked in hoping for a 55, I walked out hoping for a 55. But I doubt I hit the 55 mark.

I think I missed signing the CFA pledge :wink:

I put the wrong date in the AM, put 05/07/08 lol

That equity rotation vs bond rotation was wierd; i guessed (1) smaller secondary markets the second reason was a total fluff “additional factors to consider, credit spread, blah blah” doubt i get any marks on that q

Hi, Can some one help me trigger my memory related to cash and carry question ? I know I saw it but do not recollect what was the question now ?

Cash and carry: (A) What postitions would you take in a reverse cash and carry arbitrage strategy, (B) calucaluate gain on the position given the figures provides, © Can’t remember

I missed the whole reverse cash & carry question… I put stuff down, it was just wrong. I blanked on the vwap vs implementation question - circled random security and left the reasons why blank. I’m sure loads others.

AM was horrible… I was sitting right in front of one of those HUUUGE flip charts and actually never really paid attention to it. until the procter turned it over and it said “1 hr left”… unfortunately, i was still at question 4… ne way, i got a nervous like a monkey and rushed through the rest of it… of course, the quality of the answers gotta be bad. reallllly bad. besides, i kept losing simple things like the CPPI rebalancing or the no-arbitrage conditions in the commodity section… still, if i had continued with my pace, i’d still be sitting in the exam room *LOL*

elem100 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That equity rotation vs bond rotation was wierd; > > i guessed (1) smaller secondary markets > > the second reason was a total fluff “additional > factors to consider, credit spread, blah blah” > > doubt i get any marks on that q Did anyone come to a conclusion on this I think I put trading in secondary bond market is more expensive (trade costs) and less liquidity? -Thanks.

I put 1. relative credit spread might change, so need to consider total return 2. might change duration, so might end up not matching the duration of liabilities I have no idea. I don’t even know why it makes sense to compare fixed income strategy to equity strategy. s23dino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > elem100 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > That equity rotation vs bond rotation was wierd; > > > > > i guessed (1) smaller secondary markets > > > > the second reason was a total fluff “additional > > factors to consider, credit spread, blah blah” > > > > doubt i get any marks on that q > > > Did anyone come to a conclusion on this I think I > put trading in secondary bond market is more > expensive (trade costs) and less liquidity? > > -Thanks.

bluelily Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I put > 1. relative credit spread might change, so need to > consider total return > 2. might change duration, so might end up not > matching the duration of liabilities > > > I have no idea. I don’t even know why it makes > sense to compare fixed income strategy to equity > strategy. > > > s23dino Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > elem100 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > That equity rotation vs bond rotation was > wierd; > > > > > > > > i guessed (1) smaller secondary markets > > > > > > the second reason was a total fluff > “additional > > > factors to consider, credit spread, blah > blah” > > > > > > doubt i get any marks on that q > > > > > > Did anyone come to a conclusion on this I think > I > > put trading in secondary bond market is more > > expensive (trade costs) and less liquidity? > > > > -Thanks. I PUT bs AS WELL FOR THIS ONE: something like all bond investments are still exposed to other factors such as interest rates and widening credit spreads, no matter what sector you’re in.

At the end of the day, what does it all matter (right, or wrong answers, etc)? it’s not like anyone here is going to grade your test, let alone let you know if you got 4 of 5 points or 9 or 9 points… vent to feel better i guess… a lot of us are probably on the margin and the only certainty at this point is the uncertainty of passing. i just hope i’m one of those that will get one of the last tickets on the train leaving to charterholder status; will suck to be left behind when you’re so close.

love your moniker trojanhater :slight_smile:

just keeping it real, right;)