How many times will you try for level I?

I have heard there are ppl who tried 4 times, even 7 times to get passed. I doubt if I will have that much courage to keep going after failing so many times. If I try 4+ times on level I, how many times will I have to try for II? Sounds like you have put your whole lifetime into the exam. Also I will doubt my capacity to compete with other people in this industry. I think my cutline will be 4 times. If I tried 4 times and still can’t get level I done, I will forget about CFA for the rest of my life. It might not be my cup of tea.

If I were to fail level I two times, I would quit. If you can’t master the material after two goes, I think the level II and III exams will seem insurmountable obstacles. Then again, I’m sure it’s all possible, I just wouldn’t waste my time after the second fail.

fkcfa, In my opinion you should not think this way. You are almost holding this cloud of doom over yourself. Yes, failing sucks. But what are the positives that have come out of the experience? Even though I failed once, afterwards I felt good because: 1) I showed myself that I can commit to something that a lot of other people immediately discouraged me for attempting when I signed up. 2) I experienced personal growth in the areas of discipline, scheduling, strength, knowledge, and life experience 3) It spoke of how deeply I desired a career in finance. If you let a test stop you, how are you going to handle losing $1 million of someone else’s money? Just make a commitment to yourself to do whatever it takes to pass. You have 4 solid months left. You can accomplish a lot if you actually set out to do it. Keep the goal of passing in December in the front of your mind.

topher agreed with what you said, I am an analyst and I found that I just failed for June exam but I am not going to give up, will try again until I can pass, no matter how many times we try. Futhermore, I think we will learn from the experiences and the chances for us to pass is far greater next time.

i passed, but if if did not, i was gona keep taking it till i pass. when i set a goal in front of me, i do it. i am like that, stubborn and i dont like losing, but as mike jordan sats, losing is part of winning. if you have time to study but give up on CFA b/c of an ego issue, that is weak. drink a red bull and get back into the game.

failing only happens when you give up.

when i started i had no idea what the CFA exam was about. i did not know anyone that was taking it and went in unprepared. i am on my 4th time in dec. '08. the first time i didn’t know what it was about. the other times i was just unprepared / was moving around. i will not make that mistake anymore… looking to pass all three in 18 mo now…

fk cfa - how many times have you taken it… ?

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. (Sir Winston Churchill). Life’s real failure is when you do not realize how close you were to success when you gave up.

The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.