how many using Schweser notes/CD's?

Hi, How many level 1 people are studying from Schweser and CFAI reading, as opposed to only one source? I’ve been reading CFAI and doing some practice questions last month. While I do feel CFAI books are well written and detail helps in some nstances, but not sure I’ll ge through all reading based on sheer volume. Are Schweser notes a viable option for study material that you already have some background in as opposed to reading all CFAI text? Also, is the $999 option the best value, includes notes, Q-bank, and CD’s/course option? Thanks, John

thats all i plan on using for the second time around.

Use schweser for everything, but you must refer to CFAI for FSA and most of all ETHICS…i also took the CFAI mocks that they set out a little before exam time on their website and found them to be a lot like what was on the exam.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Use schweser for everything, but you must refer to > CFAI for FSA and most of all ETHICS…i also took > the CFAI mocks that they set out a little before > exam time on their website and found them to be a > lot like what was on the exam. Sure hope you’re wrong regarding FSA. I’m sticking w/ Stalla and so far so good, though I will admit, I’ve noticed a few holes end of chaprter CFAi problems not being covered by Stalla. For Ethics, couldn’t agree more read the CFAi SPC, 2-3 times and you should be all set. It’s actually not that bad of a read.

Yep, SkipE99 made a great point. Read the SOPH, it’ll be your best friend come exam day. Personally I’m just using Schweser products this time around to strengthen my weaknesses.

I do, Notes + Qbank. Apart from derivatives, equity, and fixed income, my background in the other areas are zero though. So for the rest like Econs etc. I’ve found myself time and again referring to CFAI books for better explanations.

I’m also using a combination of Schweser/CFAI and QBANK…at the very least I do that chapter summaries in the CFAI books