How many violations

are found in the following article? http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=4&aid=59&dir=2008/September/Monday1 Do the Code and Standards require members & candidates to contact the writer of the article and correct him/her in a situation like this one?

I wish someone would write a nice artical about me when I become one of the “small group of CFAs”. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Young Motswana Excels As Chartered Financial Analyst Even though Botswana did not get any medal at the just-ended Olympic Games in Beijing, China, a young Motswana made the country proud by getting “gold” in academics. Boikanyo Mogami, an investment analyst at Botswana Insurance Fund Management (BIFM), passed Level Three of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) examination to become one of the few Batswana to pass this prestigious exam. In fact, Mogami becomes one in the small group of CFAs across the globe. In Botswana there are about five CFAs and around 1,000 in the world. To put this achievement into context, CFA qualification was introduced in 1963. It is rated by the world’s leading magazine, The Economist, as the “Gold standard among Investment Analysts.” The programme is described as “a self-study, distance learning programme that takes a generalist approach to investment analysis and valuation and portfolio management, and emphasizes the highest ethical and professional standards”. Commenting on Mogami’s achievement, BIFM chief executive officer (CEO) Victor Senye said: “We are proud to have such a bright and talented individual in our team who, through dedication and commitment, has passed all three levels of CFA, without failing. Boikanyo’s success is a symbol of the learning culture that BIFM fosters through the sponsorship of varied training programmes.” Mogami joined the BIFM team in February this year but has been in the investment arena since 2006. He attained a Bachelors degree with merit in Applied Finance from Macquarie University in 2004

cjones65 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > are found in the following article? > > http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=4&aid=59&dir=200 > 8/September/Monday1 > > Do the Code and Standards require members & > candidates to contact the writer of the article > and correct him/her in a situation like this one? I think the code says you need to behave and encourage other professionals to behave with the highest ethical standard.

Hey, he went three for three :slight_smile: