how much has everyone covered?

where is everyone at?

Econ and Quant done. Moving on to equities this weekend

Going to be finished my first run through of the curriculum next week. I have to say it was a very basic first run through though. After that, I’m using Schweser & writing my own notes for each LOS. I’ll answer the Schweser questions, Qbank and EOC CFAI as I go. I’ll hopefully be all done with that by the end of March and then it’s practice exams & questions all the way!

…started off slow in October but really picking up momentum now. Covered derivatives, equity, PM, Eco and will be starting FRA this week and hit all EOC questions about 3-5x. Targeting Mid March to complete all SS. Plan to hit the red bull and 5hr energy drink when I start pension accounting in 'bout a week.

i have covered ethics and fra and currently on second reading of quant. I think i understood fra pretty well while i was doing it like got most the eoc questions in scheweser right and had or atleast thought i had developed pretty good understanding. but i think i have forgotten all of it! ethics was pretty ok. soddy you are pretty quick dude when did you start preparing and how many hour do you study in a day?

As I said, it was a very basic first run through. I started in September with maybe 5/6 hours per week. I’m doing more now though - about 2/3 hours per day and a little more at the weekend.

floyd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i have covered ethics and fra and currently on > second reading of quant. I think i understood fra > pretty well while i was doing it like got most the > eoc questions in scheweser right and had or > atleast thought i had developed pretty good > understanding. but i think i have forgotten all of > it! ethics was pretty ok. > > soddy you are pretty quick dude when did you start > preparing and how many hour do you study in a day? Don’t confuse the EOC with the schweser study notes or you will be in BIG trouble. Check out the actual EOC questions in the CFAI text for FRA (FSA) and you are going to see huge difference. Last year, I did not discover the value of the EOC questions until it was too late.

I’ll be finished with my first run through the curriculum at the end of this month, that’s including EOC and a full notebook of notes on the more difficult questions. I will then read through the Schweser material as well as begin testing on QBank. I’ll also be going through the video classes during this time. I plan on being done with the Schweser books by the 2nd week in March which is when I’m going to Antigua with the gf to decompress for a week. Then when I get back its nothing but 2 solid months of testing and review.

I will be starting CFAI book 4 on monday

guys are pretty quick i feel like i am way slow need to increase speed. round 2 i am planning to do cfai eoc after i am done with schweser. thats teh plan neway

I just finished FSA. Im moving on to equity now and will leave quant, econ, and ethics for last.

floyd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- round 2 i am planning to > do cfai eoc after i am done with schweser. thats > teh plan neway Young Padawan …I feel this would be a fatal mistake. I would not go onto the next chapter without going over the EOC atleast once. If you covered FRA take a once over now and I promise you that you will be glad you did. You do not want to be crunching these EOC questions in April and May or you may face the same fate I did.

thanks for the advice round 2 i guess i would try the cfai question along with scheweser as I go along

Readings covered in Stalla: SS 1-13 Readings covered in CFAI: SS 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,14,15 Stalla Pasmaster: All questions completed up to SS 4 Will begin EOC Q’s in February, don’t have much time right now because of work.

how much overlap from level one is there for level two, is there still time if I have not yet begun? passed level last june but have been preoccupied since so have not focused on level two yet. Although work is slowing down and feel i can muster the motivation to hit it hard next five months. have some background in finance/econ from school and work experience but not currently in the industry. not a lot of motivation with current upward mobility at job right now, but have flexible schedule and time to study/pass level two if I have time to get through material. thanks, John

jgrandits this is just my opinion it is “realistically possible” to pull of level II with a full time job in 5 months but you will need to be super super crazy motivated and have a bit of luck as well and you might wanna start studying today. lots and lots of hard work. Ideally you should start preparation at least 7 months before with a full time job. So if losing the exam registration money and the study material cost is not too much of a problem there is no harm in giving it a shot. the worst case scenario is that you will fail and will lose the money spent on the exam. I may also add that you can never say that I have prepared enough that i can guarantee a pass at level II. I have two very motivated, hard working and fairly intelligent friends who have failed this exam twice even after putting loads of hours in.

good luck if you do decide to go for it!

I’ve read through all the books and made notes. I am going through Schweser Qbank right now. After I finish that, probably EOC questions from the CFAI textbooks. Then maybe hit Qbank again. I want to do Stalla PassMaster starting in March. My 2 cents; I love PassMaster a lot more than Qbank, having now sampled both

+1 i tried both of them last year ,passmaster was better .