HOW much have you finished up as of now?

the bananas went on a one way trip…no refunds!

I’m going to start studying tomorrow and I start a new job on Monday. Bye bye free time.

Sean: Good timing! Also planning on getting married or having children in the next 10 weeks?

Anybody else sweating bullets on how they plan to jam all these materials in to their mind, in a “conceptual” way. I just finishe vol. 6 and now I am working my way back thru the EOC from book one. Man, it hurts.

I actually read everything one time (Ethics and Econ on CFAI material and the rest on Schweser). I started doing the revision on quants from March 6 - 13. I did Elan practice questions, Schweser concept checkers, some questions on qbanks and CFAI EOC questions. I think I’m doing fine on quants. Started reviewing FRA and can’t remember anything much :(. For the last two days, I could not even read anything. I think i’m burned out now.

Yep. Almost done with Deriv and quick review of Alt Inv and I’m done with the reading. Think I’m gonna do some Qbanks on everything to refresh then hop into the EOCs.

I just finished the curriculum this morning! It took me 306 hours.

I’ve read every page of the CFAI texts, watched a Schweser video for every reading, answered approximately half of the EOCs, and made flashcards for most vocab words and formulas.

I plan on beginning my review on April 1, immediately after the Easter holiday. In the meantime, I will probably watch a few Schweser videos, plot out my review strategy, and say goodbye to my friends and family.

Nice! I have been slacking a little, but will have it all done this weekend. I sorta plan on doing that same thing and taking a small break then hopping into review beginning April.

Just finished the curriculum, EOCs, plus supplemental check questions. Just finished my second burnout period last week (whoa is me). Began chipping at the rocks last August so I have 320ish hours in at this point. On to the grinding, I intend to begin this week working Schweser practice exams until mid April. Just set up for the Schweser Chicago 3 day review since Quant and FRA Ethics seem like ages ago. Then I refine further with mocks. Anyways, that’s the plan, man!

For those of you who have read the entire cirriculum, what is your background? I started reading the cirriculum up to FRA (in order of volumes) but I found that it took too long.

I do have a finance education background but I think a website (300hours?) compiled some data saying those who have a finance education background only tend to fail the most, maybe due to overconfidence.

My background is in applied economics and I still found the first three volumes to be more time consuming than the last three volumes. Don’t get too discouraged - when I picked up the derivatives and alternative investments text, it felt like a pamphlet compared to some of the other books!

Same degree, same feeling. Just finished all the Schweser books this morning. Kind of unsure how to approach recapping everything and studying for the remaining part. Going to start with the most heavily weighted subjects and work my way down. Doing EOCs and Qbank and obviously the practice tests once I’ve had a chance to recap everything.

We’re more or less on the same schedule. I think that I’ll begin my review by working through all of the Schweser Concept Checkers and taking a Schweser practice exam. It would make for a good comprehensive review. I’d like to work through progressively difficult problem sets until mid-May, when I take the official CFAI mock exam. At that point, I’ll probably revert back to the Qbank so that I can address deficiencies and build confidence going into the exam.

Financial Advisor here with formal studies in Econ. I believe the overconfidence position. The only area I abbrevieted with notes was Econ and Equities. There is no way that I am going to read that CFAI Econ book. Hell no! Instead, I read CFAI LOS plus summaries, watched Elan videos, worked blue boxes plus EOCs. I did this in 2 weeks with satisfactory results so far. My weakness is in currencies which should be repaired with oodles of problems.

Reading all this you wrote - I am totally panicked now … Even though I’ve finished Ethics section, I’m just starting all else … hopefully, studying more than 4h a day will be enough to cover all else …

65 days more, does anyone have any other advice? Help?

started in mid of March - have finished only FRA, CF, Microeconomics… hope to finish all curricilum at May 1 - then do mock exams and questions from schwweiser…

I finished the first read through last week and have started my review. I’m reviewing each topic then doing almost all of the QBank questions On that topic. Then once a week I’ll load up a practice test on qbank and also try to do 4-5 mock exams.

I’m happy with my progress thus far. I’m scoring over 70% on all my tests and should be able to push this up with further practice and review.

Sorry, where I can get QBank questions and what is it ?

thank you :slight_smile:

It’s a software program made by Kaplan. There’s a link on this site to the Kaplan site.