How much have you lost?

Zero for those of us in the CSI300, it hit an all new high, RMB strengthening too.

1 Like

i mean technically from china’s peak from 2015, china is down like 40%

2 Likes

I like the approach!! :+1:

Jerome Powell won’t let me lose anything, not on his watch.

Approximately 3 Porsches.

Indeed.

lol circuit breakers. let the bodies hit the floor.

Market rejecting Trump’s “just ignore, let people die at home, if we don’t report it, it didn’t happen” master plan. Markets don’t like black boxes.

Meanwhile China put the people first, massive coordinated response and transparency. Plus they started from a place of undervaluation. That’s why CSI300 has performed best in the world.

The world sees which system works, MSM wetting themselves—narrative fail.

The thing with systems like China is that they’re excellent as long as people are happy and things are going their way. But history shows that such centrally-led, fragile systems will fail, and fail spectacurlarly, when the tipping point is reached. It has always ended in a blood bath and always will. It’s just a question of time.

i mean china has been the most powerful coutnry for the majority of the last 2000 years. and during that time period. they had an emperor. democratic systems are actually the ones with the least amount of history. so its tough to say that it is the superior type of government.

2 Likes

Pretty much all countries for the past 2000 years have had an emperor/tsar/king. The point I’m trying to make is that centrally-led systems are very fragile. Changeovers of power in centrally-led systems tend to be bloody and chaotic.
Democratic systems are new and have the least amount of history but at the same time democratic systems have lifted the average person’s standard of living to a level that would have been unfathomable to previous generations.

haha good point. but technically the more you go into the future the better your standard of living is. i think the only time they dipped was the end of hte bronze age and when rome started to fracture and we entered the dark ages.

2 Likes

The advances that were made were incredible small and took a long time. If you look at the standard of living of an average joe 10,000 years ago when agriculture first started and compare it to the average standard of living in the 1500s, their life expectancy, health and general quality of life were very similar. In general, life really sucked. It’s only in the past 150-200 years when standard of living has improved dramatically. I’m not saying it just because of the rise of democracy but democracy definitely had something to do with it.

tough to say. anyways i just bought TPL due to Russia Saud price war for oil. should be interesting. my stock portfolio is down 14% vs spy at 18.1%. so i got creamed too.

Not sure any of this is correct.

China is the longest lasting empire, but it was rarely the strongest during those 2,000 years. The Mongols would like a word with you. When they weren’t getting conquered by the Khans, they endlessly fought each other draining resources, population, and overall productivity. Compare that to Roman rule (or Mongol) and China was an inefficient mess most of the time.

Also, Japan kicked their ass, Russia made them their bitch, the Brits just gave back Hong Kong, and even the French beat up on China during the Indochina (Vietnam) wars.

They’ve stuck together. Have to hand them that. But, otherwise, they really aren’t all that high on the all-time power rankings.

1 Like

https://www.businesscycle.com/ecri-news-events/news-details/economic-cycle-research-ecri-lakshman-achuthan-why-so-many-in-the-west-are-pissed-off
here you go. i meant it as an economic powerhouse. militarily they got beaten down a lot. even now, if they went to war with us. we would annihilate them. actually even if you go to ancient times. back in the roman time period. china was arguably bigger than rome at its peak. it was the industrial age than left china behind economically. but they have since returned to prominence and will very likely eclipse the us.

Pension has been sitting in cash since October 19 after killing it on a gold miners play with the BR Gold & General fund. Too busy studying to be focused on investing which is great timing if the exam goes ahead, terrible if not :grin:

You’re just repeating Western propaganda, without an objective understanding of history.

The reality—America is a colony of rejects from Europe, whose experimental society is failing after only 250yrs (Zhou dynasty lasted 800yrs, Han 400yrs). They tried some new things; some worked, some didn’t. Over time nature ends you by both your successes and failures, but especially by your successes.

It will end in a blood bath, just as it always does, just a question of time. America is not a special snowflake. God did not choose their people to provide a superior model for the world, as their imperialistic mythology of “American exceptionalism” proclaims. It will be the old same pattern of rise and fall. Everything that has ever applied to societies, still apples to the U.S.

And what’s more, China can tell you exactly why it’s not working. America is making obvious newbie mistakes, but because this is their first society, they have no accumulated wisdom. No history at all. And their arrogance prevents them from leaning from others’ history.

One must ask, if you create a system of “checks and balances,” in which nobody is in control (i.e. not “centrally led”)…then who is control? Who is planning? Nobody, of course. Do you know what happens next? Short-sighted decisions are made. The people become enraged as there is no leadership, and part-timers passing thru think only of themselves. And eventually the society overthrown or collapses from stupid decisions. You either have leadership, or you do not. China does. America does not.

Here are a few facts which falsify previous statements. China has been the largest, or second largest, economy for nearly 2 thousand years (and likely prior but we don’t have the data). For 100yrs it was the victim of Western imperialism. What we’re seeing now is really just a return to the mean. Also, China currently has the highest trust in government of any country. When you make fanatically good decisions for 40yrs, that tends to happen. Actually, it’s the US with rapidly increasing revolution risk (Trump & Bernie are final radical efforts to work within the system). Plus the economic system is a Ponzi, and yet another financial collapse may have just begun.

You’d be wise to mind your own failing society, instead of lecturing the Chinese.

You’re so engrossed by the USA that you didn’t even realize that my argument was about democracy as a system, not about America’s way of doing things. Democracy and USA are not synonyms.

also just fyi. america has done pretty well in general. you just have to look our gdp or gdp per capita in the last 40 years. with that said, china has done exceptionally well and is closing in. but that is not tantamount to saying the us is in decline. we have grown pretty well in absolute terms and relative to most countries excluding china. but china has just done so well that the us is in relative decline.

1 Like