How much is AF worth?

I wonder how much advertising $$$ come in through here. It’s a very good idea. What would we do with out it?

$250 million Zimbabwe

factoring in the impact on productivity in our respective workplaces, i’d say it’s probably negative.

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $250 million Zimbabwe how many more times are you going to use this?

is the question the value of the users? to the user it’s to relative. We don’t have any idea how many people use it. How much passing CFA is worth to them. how much of the use of this site contributes to their success and how much reduces their current income due to productivity. or the value of $ to the owner of the site from ad revenue? count the ads that you see, find a quote on the estimate site visits and the estimate the rate they’ll give. and minus cost of maintenance, and time and effort opportunity cost.

positivecarry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > farley013 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > $250 million Zimbabwe > > how many more times are you going to use this? I don’t know what you’re talking about. The highest I’ve ever gone is $100 million Zimbabwe before this. Inflation is rampant.

75K. Solid domain name. Decent traffic. CFA field is growing every year.

I’ll start the quote at $1 million

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > positivecarry Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > farley013 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > $250 million Zimbabwe > > > > how many more times are you going to use this? > > > I don’t know what you’re talking about. The > highest I’ve ever gone is $100 million Zimbabwe > before this. Inflation is rampant. They better spend it fast. I hear Zimbabwe’s going through currencies like socks.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 75K. Solid domain name. Decent traffic. CFA > field is growing every year. Its worth way more than that my friend, way more!

phBOOM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ll start the quote at $1 million SOLD!!!

maybe 30-35k tops.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > maybe 30-35k tops. yeah right!! Come on, do you guys have any idea of advertising value? This is probably bringing in at least 25k a year and thus the site value is probably at least a 5 multiple of that and that’s conservative. That puts the value at least at 125k.

After their 10-bln -to-one conversion, it’ll only be worth $0.025 Zimbabwe. Weak. And yeah, that line’s been stale for some time, farley.

You have to factor in the CFA growth as Chuckrox aptly noted. I would use IronMan’s multiple as a base and play with 5x - 10x numbers. It would be helpful to know how much is the site generating annually in EBIDTA terms.

IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > maybe 30-35k tops. > > > yeah right!! Come on, do you guys have any idea > of advertising value? This is probably bringing > in at least 25k a year and thus the site value is > probably at least a 5 multiple of that and that’s > conservative. That puts the value at least at > 125k don’ forget to incorporate opportunity costs associated with monitoring posts, tech, etc… That 25k goes pretty quickly after you incorporate management costs. Also, How confiident are you that you’re going to manage this thing for 5 years? My guess would be about 7-10…

He could parlay this into something a bit different to drive traffic and boost advertising $$$. But at the risk of alienating the “true” AFers.

I’d be surprised if it generated more than 50k in advertising…

The site does not have much inventory in terms of ad space. I can’t imagine most of the hits are uniques either. I’m sure it gets lots of traffic, I’m back and forth on this sucker at least 10x a day on average, sometimes much more than that. I doubt it’s worth more than 100k.

But for the purveyors of study materials a site like this could be golden. I think space here warrants a nice chunk.